INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripped CD installs with wrong track order on hard drive  (Read 1883 times)

handle22

• Recent member
Ripped CD installs with wrong track order on hard drive
« on: November 28, 2016, 04:27:57 pm »

Hi,

I am a newbie to the JRiver Media Center software and am also new to the general process of ripping CD's onto my desktop computer and then loading them onto a music player.  I just bought the JRiver Meida Center 22 for Windows software license after having used a trial period for version 21 to try it out last spring.  With version 21, I was able to rip the CD to my desktop computer in FLAC and then transfer the CD's contents to my music player without issue.

The first CD I have tried to work with now that I have purchased and installed version 22 has posed an issue in that the process of ripping the CD onto my desktop computer in FLAC resulted in the tracks of the CD being installed in the wrong order.  It was as if the ripping process shuffled the tracks when it installed them onto the hard drive. 

When I then transferred the ripped CD to the music player by drag and drop it transferred the tracks in the shuffled order.

I want to have the tracks of the CD installed in the proper order on my desktop computer's hard drive but cannot figure out how to do so.  I also tried to manually move the tracks around into the proper order once they were installed onto the desktop computer's hard drive but could not move them around to change their order.

Can someone please provide some guidance in helping me fix this issue so the tracks get ripped onto the desktop computer's hard drive in the proper order?

On a side note, the playlist that appears within the JRiver Media Center 22 software program on the desktop computer is in the proper order and the JRiver22 software on the desktop computer plays the tracks in the proper order as it seeks them out and finds them on the hard drive of the desktop.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated....Thank you.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripped CD installs with wrong track order on hard drive
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 04:56:05 pm »

in what format did you have it save the files?

you may want to look at:

some players may sort by the file name and if you did not save the file names with the track number they may get out of order.

[Artist] - [Album] - [Track Number] - [Song Name]

Is Not The Same As

[Artist] - [Song Name]
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

handle22

• Recent member
Re: Ripped CD installs with wrong track order on hard drive
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 06:24:14 pm »

Thank you KingSparta!

Your suggestion with regard to the way the files were being saved fixed the problem I was having.

I very much appreciate your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up