INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with JRemote  (Read 2659 times)

mttbsh

• Recent member
Problem with JRemote
« on: December 26, 2016, 01:25:43 am »

I run Media Center on my Windows desktop and have been using JRemote on my iPad to play music though a Microrendu in my sound system. This morning I opened Media Center and there was an error, so I closed and reopened it. Now I can only use Media Center to play music through my Microrendu from my desktop. JRemote loads all my music and plays, but only  though my desktop speakers, not through the Mirorendu in my sound system. As a side note, a couple of weeks ago I downloaded JRemote to my wife's iPad also, and had the exact same problem when I tried to play through my Microrendu using her iPad - it only played through my desktop speakers. Any idea how I can get JRemote to play through my Microrendu again?
Thanks so much for any ideas you may have!

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Problem with JRemote
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 03:10:35 am »

I don't think it's JRemote, on your main pc open MC playback options and make sure the correct output is selected. If that is correct then check playback devices in windows by right clicking on your sound icon at the bottom right of windows and choose playback devices, here make sure that your Micro shows up and set it as default, not sure any of these are you problem but it's worth a look!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

mttbsh

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 01:49:37 pm »

Thanks so much for your response. Unfortunately the problem remains but I appreciate your suggestions.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 02:49:11 pm »

Try rebooting your router.
That has been something that needed to be done frequently with my old router. Everything would work fine, but suddenly one particular DLNA device would cease to show up.
I bought a better router, and since then it's been working well so far.

~OHM~

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 03:51:51 pm »

Oh ya know what try forgeting your wifi on one of the ipads rebooting it and logging back in to wifi....

well then if after rebooting your router as fitbrit suggested I would unistall JRemote on all devices affected reboot them and try again.... also even uninstalling MC (make a back up first and if you have a large library back up your thumbnails for a smother reinstall) now I did take the .52 update and my JRemote is working fine on 2 servers  anything you might be missing or forgot to mention such as a router upgrade or......

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

mttbsh

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 10:39:45 pm »

Gentlemen - I feel pretty stoopid - Down at the bottom left corner of the JRemote play screen on my iPad, just above the album cover for the music playing is the "Zones" area which I never noticed before. Touching there opens the Zones screen which lists the various players available. I selected my Microrendu and I am back in business with glorious music! I did the same on JRemote on my wife's iPad and wish I hadn't because she has now hijacked the sound and we have EXTREMELY different tastes in music.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Matt

~OHM~

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 11:40:54 pm »

ah...da zones.....glad your up and listening

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 03:47:00 pm »

Glad all is well now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up