INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can somebody explain audio analysis, replay gain,  (Read 1669 times)

a2hoo

Can somebody explain audio analysis, replay gain,
« on: July 24, 2003, 03:59:51 pm »

I am doing audio analysis right now of my 4000 songs... I see the 4 columns...
Replay Gain
Peak Level
BPM
Intensity

Once my music is analyzed, how can I use Media Center to optimize my listening experience?

I think I understand "Replay Gain".. the example in the help file was useful

What do the values for intensity, BPM, and Peak Level mean?  

I also sync with an Ipod.  2 questions... 1)what setting would you recommend on the Ipod (chosen through the Ipod plug in menu)  2)Do I need to analyze tunes in Media Center before setting Replay Gain on the Ipod?

I can see how different volume settings are annoying, especially on the Ipod with headphones.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

a2hoo

Re: Can somebody explain audio analysis, replay ga
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 04:40:06 am »

OK... I figured out everything but Intensity and Peak Level

BPM= beats per minute (i dont know why my "fast songs" sometimes have a BPM less than 90 and some slow one have higher BPM, but oh well...

So here are my questions:
1)What is intensity and how do I use it?
2)what is peak level?
3)If I sync with the ipod, to use "replay gain" on the ipod, do i have to analyze the audio on my PC first before this will work?

thanks!!

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 05:17:19 am »

3)If I sync with the ipod, to use "replay gain" on the ipod, do i have to analyze the audio on my PC first before this will work?

Yes, the PC analysis is what is used  when transferring this setting to iPod.

gkerber

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 02:44:09 pm »

Replay Gain would be SO much better if we had access to change the calculated values.

I'd like to be able to change the values for a set of tracks, like a WHOLE album to the same settings.  That way, the music would always be "right" across tracks for an album.

salsbst1

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 03:42:29 pm »

Replay Gain would be SO much better if we had access to change the calculated values.

I'd like to be able to change the values for a set of tracks, like a WHOLE album to the same settings.  That way, the music would always be "right" across tracks for an album.

"Album gain" is a feature that has been requested in the past.  At one point, it was said to be a possibility for a post 9.0 release (IIRC).  I'd love to see it in 9.1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up