INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation on my new MacBook Pro  (Read 22033 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Installation on my new MacBook Pro
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2016, 04:13:05 pm »

JRiver is the only software I've installed that has compatibility issues with the new hardware.
You've said that before, but it does not rule out a bug in the OS or in a driver. 

It could be a bug in JRiver, but the fact that it ran fine before the change of hardware makes it seem unlikely.

EricTang

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2016, 10:30:32 pm »

Hi, when can fix it? :-[

ehadzipetros

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2016, 11:02:34 pm »

JRiver runs fine for me on Sierra 12.1 or 12.2 on the older Macbook Pro's.

Like others, I'm only having issues on the new Macbook Pro with touchbar. It crashes on many different activities on this hardware, doesn't matter if it's Sierra 12.1 or 12.2 or JRiver v22 or v21.

JRiver is the only software I've installed that has compatibility issues with the new hardware.

Me too. Everything else I installed is working fine on the MacBook Pro 2016 with touch bar.

abachem

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2016, 04:13:11 am »

I do not think that this is an MacOS 10.12 problem. I run MC22.0.43 on MacOS 10.12.2 on my old MacBook Pro with absolute no problem, but when I upgraded to a clean install (without any firewall or other similar protection settings) to my new MacBook Pro touch I can't get MC22.0.43 run without an immediate crash after almost any command chosen from the menu (such as e.g. "Tools >> Language >> German" or "Tools >> Options >> Audio >> Device Settings"). Thus there is no chance to use it.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2016, 04:49:53 am »

It could be a bug in JRiver, but the fact that it ran fine before the change of hardware makes it seem unlikely.

Apple usually doesn't have any scruples to change something in their OS/Hardware that requires software changes, so I would say its quite likely that they don't care if something broke and expect software vendors to fix it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

CapnBen

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2016, 11:53:42 am »

Add another to the list of those experiencing crashes of MC21.0.80 (and then upgraded MC22.0.43) on new MacBook Pro TouchBar running macOS10.12.1. Same versions of MC ran fine on 2013 MacBook Air with macOS10.12.1.  Interestingly enough, HDtracksDownloader by JRiver also crashes only on MacBook Pro.  Apple support provided no help, basically dropped ball in developer's court as being an application issue.

cshl

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2016, 06:07:34 pm »

OK, have you tried this with the dmg file:

Right Click on the dmg installer file and click on "open with DiskImageMounter.app"
Look on the left side bar to see where the disk Image Mounter is loaded.
Then click on it. It should open a window with the application. Drop the application file into the application folder and then run the file from te application folder and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

CSHL

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2016, 11:04:57 am »

OK, have you tried this with the dmg file:

Right Click on the dmg installer file and click on "open with DiskImageMounter.app"
Look on the left side bar to see where the disk Image Mounter is loaded.
Then click on it. It should open a window with the application. Drop the application file into the application folder and then run the file from te application folder and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

CSHL

Tried it but the application still crashes as before. Thanks for the suggestion though. 

BradATIMA

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2016, 12:20:50 pm »

This article might explain some of these crashes, and it provides some information on a possible solution.

http://indiestack.com/2016/12/touch-bar-crash-protection/

We're going to try and put a build out today to make the change mentioned in the article and see if that fixes the problem.

BradATIMA

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2016, 01:45:46 pm »

Anyone experiencing this crash on a Mac with the Touch Bar who would like to try out the test build, send me a private message and I will provide a link to the download.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2016, 02:19:04 pm »

This article might explain some of these crashes, and it provides some information on a possible solution.

We're going to try and put a build out today to make the change mentioned in the article and see if that fixes the problem.
Just to be clear, this is an Apple problem, not a JRiver problem.  I realize that may be hard to believe for some.

tambox

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2016, 05:26:35 pm »

I would like to test, please send me the link. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2016, 05:34:00 pm »

You can use private messages to let Brad know.  Click on his name, then "Send PM".

tambox

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2016, 07:03:44 pm »

Sorry but I am not allowed to access PM. ::)

Thanks Jim and Brad.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2016, 07:37:56 pm »

He will find you tomorrow.

ehadzipetros

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2016, 09:15:09 pm »

Anyone experiencing this crash on a Mac with the Touch Bar who would like to try out the test build, send me a private message and I will provide a link to the download.

I'd like a link as well. Don't seem to have access to PM.

RCFlyer

• Recent member
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2016, 10:41:45 pm »

!! Season Greetings !!
Same issue here. Mac Book Pro 15 with the touch bar. Be it an audio file or a video file or even when sometimes exiting options MC22 (build 43) crashes. Same noted error as previously posted. No issues with any of my other MACs running El Capitan.

sergiohm

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2016, 12:18:38 am »

Well I have the same problem on the 2016 MacBook Pro with touchbar and would like to test. The article above though would be a temporary fix, especially for Media Center it should change the touchbar to have the play, stop, etc buttons and the slider for the volume.

JohnT

« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2016, 06:14:56 pm »

Well I have the same problem on the 2016 MacBook Pro with touchbar and would like to test. The article above though would be a temporary fix, especially for Media Center it should change the touchbar to have the play, stop, etc buttons and the slider for the volume.
Yes, but for now build 22.0.54 just posted should fix the crashes.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

sergiohm

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2016, 09:36:56 pm »

Yes, but for now build 22.0.54 just posted should fix the crashes.
Yes it is fixed, thanks!

tambox

« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2016, 11:31:36 pm »

Yes it was fixed, but meanwhile my trial version was expired when it was supposed to have 20+ days left. Try extended my trial period with the passcode in, it still wouldn't work.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2016, 12:07:18 am »

Brad and John, thanks for fixing this (and everyone else for catching it). My new Macbook Pro with Touchbar is on the way (I'm finally replacing my 2011 Sandy Bridge 15) and I'd have been sad.

Didn't even notice since I've been busy with the house and holidays! But good to see you're on it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ppruitt

• Recent member
  • So little to say...
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2016, 07:08:43 am »

I want to echo the thanks for getting this fixed. I really appreciate your awesome support and responsiveness to user requests!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up