INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resize embedded Cover Art  (Read 2585 times)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Resize embedded Cover Art
« on: December 05, 2016, 03:27:07 am »

Hi Folks,

Is it possible for MC22 to automatically resize the embedded cover art to a specific size.

I just got a new car that accepts SD cards so copied over my favourite music in FLAC to the card however some of the cover art doesn't appear. After reading the user guide  :P it turns out that only images up to 500 x 500 can be displayed. Since I have over several hundred tunes with embedded art over this size can MC shrink it down and update the files for me.

Many thanks,

John

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re: Resize embedded Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 05:08:57 am »

Hi,

I found that I could do this with the ID Tag Update plugin with dbPowerAmp which for now has resolved my issue however I would like to do this directly in MC is possible.

John

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 09:46:10 pm »

I am in the same boat here. Just curious, did re-sizing the cover art completely fix it for you still? I have the Pioneer AVH-4100nex, what are you running? Drives me nuts seeing my carefully curated cover art missing. Would love an option when syncing to my flash drive to resize on the fly. Thanks!
Thanks!

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 05:08:08 am »

Hi,

I have the stock Skoda Octavia Amundsen head unit which has a maximum of 500 x 500 for the embedded file art and a maximum size of 200 KB per image. Once I converted via dbPowerAmp everything was OK.

I looked at the user manual for your unit and couldn't see any data on size, just that the embedded image has to be JPEG.

Really wish JRiver could give an option so when I create a Handheld device for my SD card it sets the image size to 500 x 500 and gives me the option to change it.

John

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 12:16:57 am »

This would be a cool feature to go along with the handheld sync suite.
Pages: [1]   Go Up