INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android sync problems  (Read 2330 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Android sync problems
« on: December 15, 2016, 08:48:40 am »

My reports in the build threads were missed so I pulled this to its own thread:

I have a syncing problem with my Android phone.  Some tracks "Error" on the first sync attempt and files are incorrectly added to a previously synced playlist.  I think this has to do with conversion and file naming.  I name my tracks with just the track number (e.g. "Artist-Album\01.mp3").  When syncing it appends a number to all tracks with the same name I guess to avoid duplicates even though they are syncing to different folders so I end up with "Artist-Album\01 (1).mp3",  "Artist2-Album2\01 (2).mp3", etc.  It seems to do this renaming even when not converting, but it might be some kind of timing issue because it seems to be OK when I sync without converting but I consistently have these problems when converting during sync.  Would a log file help with this?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: Android sync problems
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 11:51:10 am »

Here is the log in case anyone is going to attempt to help me.  I don't see any details in the log, but note that 4 tracks failed to sync on the first attempt and 2 tracks erroneously replaced tracks in the previously-synced playlist titled "Fun Country".  I could go through and rename all my tracks in the library to include the names so they are unique, but I don't want to go through the hassle if this is not the problem.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 02:52:05 pm »

The problem seems to most likely be related to the file naming/renaming because I renamed the files in my 2 test playlists to include the track name (to be unique) and I was able to sync with no issues twice in a row.  Would you like to fix this or must I rename all the tracks in my library?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 12:51:00 pm »

I'm trying to be a good beta user and keep my frustration in check but it is difficult when you totally ignore my bug report in 2 build threads and this one.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 12:34:04 am »

I have had variable success with syncing to a couple of android devices... currently a Nexus 6P. I have frequently experienced the first error you described: 'error' on a sync attempt. These same files may or may not be successfully synced on the next attempt. I haven't seen the playlist anomalies you've described though - very strange!

I have also had a few which will sync, but then not actually play on the phone. I must admit - has been a while since I've fiddled, but am due to update my synced playlists soon... will post my findings when I do.

Does anyone else regularly sync music with android?

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 01:58:23 pm »

I have these same issues. Usually after a large sync they playlists are actually the old lists even though all the new files are there. IE the playlists don't update. If I wipe and sync all it usually works.

This is due to MTP mode as opposed to USB Mass storage which used to work fine. If you root your device you can get mass storage drivers for some phones. Their reliability varies. For me I just created "fake" handheld on my HD and sync the files there. Then I copy to my device. That seems to work fine.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 05:02:19 pm »

I have had good luck syncing to Galaxy S6 ever since I limited the Playlist to under 900 songs.  I.e. hard rock Playlist containing 1600 songs I split into two play lists containing 900 and 700.
Pages: [1]   Go Up