INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: Tag window extends beyond MC window and entire screen  (Read 2270 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
BUG: Tag window extends beyond MC window and entire screen
« on: November 19, 2016, 06:44:31 pm »

If I don't expand Tag to fill the entire left column, the items in the selection list run right off the bottom of the window/screen. If I get rid of Windows Taskbar, MC's field tag list just runs right off my display.

Trying to workaround, it is very complex to scroll all the way to the bottom of a long-ish list, can't drag the slider all the way down, have to move to the slider's down arrow except often it is also off-screen. Then, using keyboard down arrows will scroll to bottom, and sometimes also reveal the slider's down arrow.

In the current situation, with Tag at normal half-height, if the list is long it does not show the Add field, and I haven't found a reasonable way to navigate to it. 

Seeking another way to navigate the list, I find that while some earlier MC versions allowed jumping to an existing list value by pressing the first letter (99.9% of my tagging is assigning existing values), MC22 doesn't seem to respond to letters on the keyboard, I *think* because it is instead using that input to create an Add value, even though the Add field is not visible on-screen (this could explain why I've found some peculiar values in my Keywords field). I LOVED how MC worked a few versions back, when list field navigation would jump, not default to Search or Add mode unless those were selected.

I'm hoping this is just a bug, because for many of my fields, Tag is simply unusable... unless Tag is zoomed to full-height, when sometimes the list displays and can be navigated properly, AND the ADD field is shown. (Though jump-by-letter still is not available.)

But when full-height, Tag covers up the Navigation Tree, so if I'm working on a variety of songs, finding them via navigation, I have do a LOT of clicking, again and again. This aspect of MC work properly through many versions, so for now I'm back to MC21, or my tagging-fave MC15.122

Surely having MC22's display run right off the physical screen is not intended? (I always run MC's window fully maximized.)

PS: As has been discussed, the UX Tag vs. Navigation conflict might be solved if Tag window could float. And fast tag list value selection would be available if jump-by-letter was restored.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: TAG window extends beyond MC window and entire screen
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 02:46:38 am »

It's not very intuitive, but, if you move your mouse to the left of the tag list that's off the screen, so that the mouse is over the field label instead, you should be able to use the scroll wheel on the mouse to bring the foot of the list into view...

-marko

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
Re: TAG window extends beyond MC window and entire screen
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 04:32:46 am »

It's not very intuitive, but, if you move your mouse to the left of the tag list that's off the screen, so that the mouse is over the field label instead, you should be able to use the scroll wheel on the mouse to bring the foot of the list into view...

-marko

Thanks marko, in a long long list this is simply just not practical.

"I'm hoping this is just a bug, because for many of my fields, Tag is simply unusable... "

I agree.
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

MusicHawk

Re: BUG: Tag window extends beyond MC window and entire screen
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 11:33:04 am »

Alas, in new MC 22.0.48 these Tag window bugs still exist.

For music tagging, where I use many fields and many values, I revert to MC15.122 because it allows easier, faster access to all fields and all tag values.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
Re: BUG: Tag window extends beyond MC window and entire screen
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 01:35:09 pm »

I don't recall exactly, but there is a setting somewhere in which you can select the maximum number of lines that are displayed in the tagging window.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up