INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Radio and Linked playlist does not work for me, any ideas?  (Read 2041 times)

dap

• Recent member
Car Radio and Linked playlist does not work for me, any ideas?
« on: December 24, 2016, 02:30:09 pm »

I'm trying to link playlists, specifically smartlists and have had zero success.

I have no other problems with car radio, just the link option.

I really don't care much about the static playlists through, it's the smartlist option I am after so when it changes, so does the car radio.

Does the car radio update when the smartlist changes? If not, then let me know and ignore the rest of this.

I have a lot of smartlists setup and was hoping I could link my favorites to car radio, but no such luck so far.

I've mucked around and out of about 30 attempts I somehow got lucky once and got a static playlist to attach and actually have songs appear.

I have regularly gotten the smartlist names to appear on the button, but never any songs in the list.

The last thing I tried was deleting all Car Radio info from the playlist area so I had completely blank buttons and button count defaulted to 6 empty buttons.

I then right clicked button 1, linked a smartlist and the name appears on the button but zero songs in the list.

Here's a kicker for ya, the playlist section shows songs for the linked smartlist, but no songs are shown in the car radio tab.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Car Radio and Linked playlist does not work for me, any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 03:29:31 am »

Car Radio does not work with smartlists that call other smartlists.  It only works with a top level smartlist.

Have requested that it be made to work with sublists because that would be extremely useful, and it feels broken right now.  Hopefully, one day.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 06:24:20 am »

Car Radio does not work with smartlists that call other smartlists.  It only works with a top level smartlist.

Have requested that it be made to work with sublists because that would be extremely useful, and it feels broken right now.  Hopefully, one day.
If you will bring it up again in the new year, we'll take a look at it.

dap

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 10:21:12 pm »

For some reason, last night after a restart of Media Center the link option started working. I've rebooted/restarted numerous times after trying this before and it had still failed. I'm beginning to think my issues are with windows as I have had numerous odd interface behaviors with MS features and other applications. MS seem to be stripping functionality from Win10 and causing odd annoying problems but not critical errors.

Also, my links are to smartlists directly under the Smartlist folder in Playlists. Not sure what you meant by "call other smartlists" unless you are speaking scripting or some such.

example:

Playlists folder - top level
     Smartlists folder under that - 2nd level
          My created smartlists at this level, 3rd level - these are what started working last night and are linked to car radio

Just linked another as a test an it linked fine.

So, will these update when the smartlist does?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 02:30:32 am »

Not sure what you meant by "call other smartlists" unless you are speaking scripting or some such.

By 'call other smartlists', I just mean using the Playlist rule, which "calls" another smartlist to generate a set of results that is then used by the main smartlist.  You can, and sometimes have to, nest smartlists to generate the results you want.

dap

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 05:54:41 pm »

Ahh, I never have gotten that complex.
Pages: [1]   Go Up