INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDHomerun setup and EPG  (Read 3712 times)

pge

• Recent member
HDHomerun setup and EPG
« on: January 09, 2017, 09:54:59 am »

Hello Yaobing,

I have a new HDHR3-4DC added to my local network and have some questions.

I made a new transponder list because the available list for my region was outdated (The Netherlands.Ziggo NID 5555).

Is it known behavior to you that the same channels are found at different transponder frequencies? With 170 channels found this leads to a lot of doubles and clean up work.
Typically one channel had the right frequency and works. VidID and AudioID were the same.

Is it posible that an update from JRiver (22.0.54) overwrites the xml file (The Netherlands.Ziggo NID 5555.xml)? I lost the changes somehow (back to the installed file from 29-08-2014)...

Now I have my channels properly working, can I rescan one transponder frequency or just one channel? The purpose and effect of the rescan button are not clear to me. If all frequencies are scanned, this will mess things up. Because of a integration of two networks (UPC an Ziggo) we have had a lot of changes, with more to follow.

Are all configured channels saved in the library back-up?

And most imporant:
In an earlier release of MC I removed the TV/guide from showing. (somewhere between mc 15 and mc 22). I succeeded in configuring a EPG guide in mc 22, by resetting the Theaterview in MC 21 and copying the rules to mc 22. But this does not result in a EPG Guide with a horizontal time scale (like: https://www.jriver.com/images/slideshow/theater_view_guide.jpg). How can I restore the TV and EPG parts without losing other customized views (Metro skin)?
I use a XMLTV.xml file for the EPG data, which is downloaded daily by a scheduled task on the nas.

Thanks in advance.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: HDHomerun setup and EPG
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:35:35 pm »

Each time you install a new build from JRiver, the transponder list files are replaced with our version.  Therefore you should, 1. save a copy in a separate place, 2. better yet, forward a copy to me, so I can include it in the next build.

I believe the same program can be broadcast on different transponders (frequencies).  After channel scanning is finished, you can run Manage Channels tool to hide duplicate channels.  Do not delete them, hide them.  This way when you rescan the hidden channels will remain hidden.  If you delete a channel, and then rescan, it will come back.

Rescan option will rescan all frequencies.  Channel scanning is not a task that you will perform often.  If you really want to customize how you scan, the only way to do it is to edit the transponder xml file so you keep only the frequencies you want to scan.  That seems to be unnecessarily complicated.  If it is just one channel that you need to change, it might be easier to just manually edit that particular channel, assuming you can find the parameters for that channel by other means, such as Internet search.

All channels, including hidden channels, are saved in the library backup.

If you do not mind losing your previous customization of Theater View, I believe you can just do a Reset in Theater View settings.  If you do need to keep other customization, you then will need to setup Guide manually.  Someone might have posted some sort of instructions on it, but I do not remember.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

pge

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:52:52 pm »

Ok, in that case I will not scan again and modify any changes manually.

Some radio channels came up over 4 times in the list. I had to delete the ones not working because otherwise, when I hid 3 channels of for example NPO Radio 1 at 170000 and left 1 channel of NPO Radio 1 at 402000 (actual working frequency), this is not saved! And they are all 4 hidden again.

Like I said, I keep the frequencies as they are now. For your information, this are working frequencies now: https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/49660885#49660885
Most significant change is Qam/SR 64/6875 to 256/6900, except for Transport stream ID 18 with the decoder/set top box info channels.

So I save the rules of my customization to external files and reset Theater View. Does this actually result in the horizontal Guide like on the main JRiver site? I have the Guide now vertically scrolling. The program info is filled in fine, by the way.

Thanks again

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 05:33:45 pm »

You can change List Style.

I just wrote up a wiki article about customizing TV guide in Theater View.

Here it is.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

pge

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 02:57:16 am »

I will check to see I made the right Root Library Item, rules and for any changes since MC21 compared to your wiki.

"More" > "Toggle List Style" should do the trick.

Pages: [1]   Go Up