INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is the "Tagging Studio" feature in  (Read 1045 times)

nowhereman

• nothing more to say...
Where is the "Tagging Studio" feature in
« on: February 02, 2003, 09:35:17 am »

I have MJ 8.0.394 "plus" and have read the list of features included.  It says there is a "tagging studio".  Help search in MJ comes up with NOTHING when searching for this string!  Where's the beef??
Also, other features that were there when i bought the program have gone away:  Title lookup from album title no longer works... Yes I have read all the posts on this issue but as a paying customer, it shouldn't be my problem to make sure the product features don't die the day after the customer makes the purchase.  It is not acceptable to require the customer to purchase another version to get back features that were supposed to be there in the first place.  Give me an upgrade to version 9 (if that works) or fix version 8.   If you no longer work with CDDB then make YADB work with version 8!  
Another "feature" that went away was playing streaming media.   When I upgraded to MS media player version 9 it quit.  Yes, again I read the excuses and understand the problems, but again it should not be the burden of your customers to fix compatability problems and live with excuses for why it wont work.  It was J River's choice to support MS Media player as the engine of choice for this .....NOT Mine!!    Soooo, again J River, where's the beef??   As a paying customer, I shouldn't have to worry about how or why your stuff won't work when it did at the time of purchase.   It is really too bad that this product has so much potential, yet is falling apart at the seams.
Please get your act together.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Where is the "Tagging Studio" featur
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 10:05:19 am »

> It says there is a "tagging studio"

This is brought up by right clicking on a file (or files) then selecting Properties.

> Title lookup from album title no longer works...
> When I upgraded to MS media player version 9 it quit...

These problems are well documented among the tons of posts. It is not JR's fault.

I could give you answers now but because I'm not tone deaf...I won't. Look around the forum a bit.

10-27

Harry_The_Hipster

Re: Where is the "Tagging Studio&quot
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 12:04:07 pm »

Another "feature" that went away was playing streaming media.   When I upgraded to MS media player version 9 it quit.  Yes, again I read the excuses and understand the problems, but again it should not be the burden of your customers to fix compatability problems and live with excuses for why it wont work.  

Why not revert to a prior version? Seem to be readily available.

Don't think JRiver can be responsible for changes in third party programs designed so as to pre-empt MJ's ability to access the stream. If you read the posts, you will recall that the SDK wasn't released till January 7th, and presumably they're working on the fix right now.

Given everything else that's going on in the world, having to use a prior WMP release for a little while doesn't seem like much of a hardship.

HTH

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
Re: Where is the "Tagging Studio" featur
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2003, 11:54:14 am »

I think you might find the beef by doing a search in the Help on this string: "Edit File Properties".
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)
Pages: [1]   Go Up