INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing cover art  (Read 1138 times)

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
Missing cover art
« on: December 28, 2016, 04:37:15 pm »

Just discovered (Playlists > Smartlists > Audio -- Missing Cover Art) that I have numerous tracks with missing cover art. While these seem randomly spread throughout the library, there is one puzzling pattern: In almost every case (but not all) the tracks with the missing art occur at the end of an album (the last one or the last several tracks). Anybody got any ideas how this occurs, or how to prevent it from happening?

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Missing cover art
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 06:50:51 pm »

I rip CDs and buy downloads on one PC, then copy the files to the MC computer either through the network or via a USB stick. Many times MC's auto-import will spot a new folder and import the contents before the network transfer has finished. It will eventually find all the files, but if you update the cover art before that happens the last file won't get the update. The work-around is a bit clumsy, but before updating any tags on new albums I always check that the last track has been imported, and if it has not I do something else for a while or run a manual import on that folder only.
Pages: [1]   Go Up