INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art problem  (Read 2478 times)

drummaman

Cover art problem
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:03:15 am »

Greetings,
I'm a wanna-be convert from Pono Music Player.

This has nothing to do with the Pono -

All I need to do is tag some new FLAC files with the album artwork.

Even though I've pointed Media Center 22.0.54 at the old Artwork folder, ALL of the existing albums have lost their artwork.

And when I attempt to tag the FLAC files with the existing JPG file, I get a window full of errors.

Since 22.0.54 is a beta version, and I have not purchased the previous version, is this a known issue?

I want to make sure this software will at least work as well as the old before I make the purchase.

Regards,
MG

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover art problem
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 01:57:32 pm »

What are the errors?

There is no cover art problem with any recent build of MC.

Gowanus68

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 06:47:07 pm »

I am new to JRiver MC.  I just began to explore the trial version a few days ago & so far, I have been impressed by what I have seen.  I am having problems again with iTunes & I am seeking an alternative.  I have 5 libraries active in iTunes, 2 of which I copied to MC.  Also, using dBpoweramp, I ripped some CDs into the libraries I had created in MC.  Everything was going smoothly until I synced one of the libraries with an iPod Classic.  After the sync, when I checked the device I found that only the cover art for the CDs I had ripped directly to MC was intact.  The CD cover art for all of the albums that had been copied from iTunes was gone.  That cover art is very important to me.  I use it to navigate the albums on the iPod.  This can't be normal.  I must have missed something.  Anybody have an answer?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 02:15:49 am »

Welcome to the forum.  That sounds like the cover art is not stored in the files for your older files.  What is the file type?

MC has an option to store the art in the files.

Gowanus68

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 10:28:32 am »

All of my music files in iTunes were ripped & tagged using dBpoweramp.  Almost all of the files used cover art applied by dBpa.  Here & there, if no art was found (rare) or if I did not like the art applied, I looked elsewhere (Google, Amazon).  It is my understanding that dBpa embeds the cover art data in the music file.

The file type is .m4a.  Does MC store the art in the files as part of the ripping process or is it done after the rip?  I would guess that the latter would be very time-consuming.

Thanks for your reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up