INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video options not showing up  (Read 2551 times)

wagge

• Recent member
Video options not showing up
« on: December 26, 2016, 05:08:51 pm »

I have MC22 on my laptop and desktop, my laptop has videos as an option in the left window but not on my desktop. I am new to MC so I might be overlooking something. I can import a video file but it will not play as it says its not supported. Should I try to reinstall the software. Thanks Bill 

wagge

• Recent member
Re: Video options not showing up
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 05:31:22 pm »

Something else I just noticed, I have no video option in the file types, I must be missing something simple

Tools --> Options --> File Types

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 06:28:45 pm »

1. Make sure "Audio Only Mode" is NOT checked under Main Menu>View
2. I only have noticed this error when trying to playback uncompressed blu-ray over wi-fi, where bandwidth was limited. Are the video files imported from a local drive, or network drive?
3. Make sure you have the latest video drivers installed.

Hope this helps.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 07:03:15 am »

Also, go to Tools>Options>General>Features and make sure there is a checkmark (selected) next to "Video Support".

wagge

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 08:15:17 am »

Thanks Countrybumpkin that was it!!! I am amazed at the power of this software, I am just starting to learn its features.

On another note.... when I import, I have same files multiple times and I assume I have these in several folders I am importing from. How can I set it to not bring in duplicates. Thanks again, Bill

yannis

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 03:52:35 pm »

Since nobody answered your question so far, I'll venture saying I don't think you can avoid importing dupes. But you can locate dupe files afterwards and clean up your disks. Or, if you want to keep the extra files but not include them in your library, you can delete the related entries and tick the "Ignore files previously deleted from library" box in auto-import options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up