INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Slideshow Starts Automatically  (Read 3900 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Image Slideshow Starts Automatically
« on: January 05, 2017, 11:10:01 pm »

In the past, there was an Option under Options > Images > Slideshow that controlled whether MC would automatically start playing an image slideshow when you "play" a single file.

It has vanished, and it is driving me batty.

I like to have MC set to Double-Click > Replace Playing Now (All), even with images (not that you can set it per Media Type anyway). But I never want it to Slideshow my Images unless I explicitly click the Play button. I generally prefer to advance through them manually, when going through and selecting images.

It used to work this way, but the Option is gone or moved, and it is making me crazy when trying to use MC to view and sort through my Photos.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Image Slideshow Starts Automatically
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 12:08:53 am »

I think this has been this way since around 22.0.33...

I've posted another a reply in another thread for you.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 12:48:11 am »

A newer better idea might be something like this one:

Standard View Cover Art Slide Show - based from currently playing folder/art/images/cover art.

An easy to set up on right click cover art slide show.  Based from the standard view rotated/reflected effect. 

All set up via the right click context menu to set read album folder/sub folders for 'cover' 'folder' 'cover art' 'image' etc, and start with those on each play to you know the main album/single cover.  Then using 'art' 'cover art' 'images' sub folders for slide show whilst that track/single'album plays - changing each track/album to associated sub folders. Options for quality inc transition fade speed/time etc for all GPU's.  With the reflected roated effect... and others.  This is the one I use daily though.

When the track or album playing changes to another folder, so does the slide show.  Always based off the currently playing tracks folder or cover art folder.

Viewing a easy to set up right click context menu slide show based off the folder of the currently playing track, would be so cool in standard view.

I cannot be alone in wanting this cover art slide show in standard view. Using the rotated reflection effect, or just flat no effect.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 12:55:24 am »

I'm not talking about mixed playback (when Playing Now contains multiple media types).

I'm only talking about Image playback alone. In this case, I use Display View to look at and inspect my photos. In this case, obviously the slideshow is very disruptive.

Marko, I noticed that mixed playback pausing bug before too. I think it'd been around a while. But now, MC is basically totally useless for browsing my photo library. I might want to start a slideshow of a curated Playlist of photos (set to music or whatever), but when I'm trying to curate?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 01:11:57 am »

Yup, but the fallout from getting that fixed, was this.

Matt got as far as:
I at least made it not run a slideshow if you play a single image by right-click > Play.

Still thinking about the other cases.

and then I think it got left at that.
I guess you found "another case" :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 01:41:58 am »

I think this has been this way since around 22.0.33...

I've posted another a reply in another thread for you.
The slideshow will stop if you begin controlling it manually, using Page Up, Page Down, Left and Right Arrows.

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 09:44:06 am »

This has made viewing images in Theatre View problematic.

Firstly, there’s the confusion presented by having two menu items, ‘Show’ and ‘Slideshow’, that provide the user with the same result… a slideshow.

Secondly, in my experience, MC doesn’t always respect the choice of the user when ‘Pause Slideshow’ is selected. I’ve had MC resume in slideshow mode even though I’ve chosen ‘Pause Slideshow’.

Thirdly, the user has no way of viewing the picture chosen without the interruption provided by this process.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 10:21:11 am »

Firstly, there’s the confusion presented by having two menu items, ‘Show’ and ‘Slideshow’, that provide the user with the same result… a slideshow.

That's just a bug that snuck in and I've got a fix coming next build.

Thanks for the report.

Here's the history item:
Fixed: Both Show and Slideshow would start a slideshow when viewing images from Theater View.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 04:48:01 pm »

Basically I need a start slideshow paused option for Standard View. Like we had in all prior versions that I remember.

The issue is that even if it pauses when I advance manually, that doesn't help on picture #1. That's where it is driving me batty.

There's no way to just View an image fullscreen without the picture vanishing after 5 seconds right now. It is unworkable for photo browsing and editing, for me anyway, and especially my wife!

The slideshow function is handy, but I essentially never used it previously without a mixed list including music. Even then, we're talking a handful of times per year.

Pages: [1]   Go Up