INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On The Fly upsampling / oversampling  (Read 4201 times)

Butters

• Recent member
On The Fly upsampling / oversampling
« on: January 11, 2017, 02:54:02 pm »

Greetings,

I would like to upsample my 44.1 kHz flac files, in real time (on the fly).

Ctrl-d brings up DSP Studio, and there is an Output Format option.  But the output encoding does not list sampling rates.  Perhaps I am not looking in the right place?

Does Media Center 22.0.54 support on-the-fly upsampling?

Thank you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: On The Fly upsampling / oversampling
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 03:06:48 pm »

In DSP Studio > Output Format, look at the "Sample rate" section.  You can specify an output sample rate for each input sample rate.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 03:27:57 pm »

Note that you can left click on the sample rate to make individual on-the-fly changes or right click on the sample rate to make global changes. For example, if you want everything resampled to 96,000 Hz, then right click on any sample rate and select 96,000 kHz.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 05:10:04 pm »

You've got the right answers here already.  But I think it's important to add:

Output Encoding should almost NEVER be used in MC.  It's a somewhat confusing part of the audio chain that won't be used by 99.5% of MC's users.  It *does* have legitimate uses for some people.  But most people should leave it set at "none".

Brian.

Butters

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 11:28:04 pm »

Note that you can left click on the sample rate to make individual on-the-fly changes or right click on the sample rate to make global changes. For example, if you want everything resampled to 96,000 Hz, then right click on any sample rate and select 96,000 kHz.

Thanks mojave (and everyone else).

It turned out that I was not able to activate the MC output's drop-down menu, due to a Windows 7 mouse setting.  Rather than having to click on a window, to activate/focus on a window, I am set-up to only have to hover over a window, to catch the window's focus (comes in handy, when you want to enter data into windows, without clicking them to the foreground -- just hover over a partially hidden window, and type into it, without your window arrangement changing).

This mouse setting was not getting along with this particular MediaCenter's drop down menu.  The menu would appear for a split second, and close.  So I undid my mouse setting, changed the MC output setting, and redid my mouse setting.  I would not have known that the drop-down menu was there, if not for your attachment showing it.

Thanks again.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 09:02:09 am »

Coming next build:
Fixed: With the Windows option "Activate a window by hovering over it with a mouse" enabled, the comboboxes in DSP Studio would disappear right away.

That was kind of a deep problem!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Butters

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 06:06:50 pm »

Now that I am upsampling 44.1 kHz files to 192 kHz, is there a way to have the actual output sampling rate be displayed in the top display area?

In other words, having the field "[Sample Rate]", will display the file's native sampling rate.  Is there a field that will display the upsampled output value?

Thank you.

BTW Matt, I can appreciate the complexity of the hovering fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up