INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to run the Id headlessley  (Read 3021 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Trying to run the Id headlessley
« on: January 11, 2017, 09:30:07 pm »

Is anyone successfully running the Id without a monitor or keyboard/mouse attached after initial setup?

Is there a way to remote into the GUI?

Mine loses its wired gigabit connection periodically, and I know it's just a matter of changing a setting again - not sure how it keeps resetting itself. It disappears from the network both wired and wirelessly, and hence I cannot get it to show up as a DLNA device.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trying to run the Id headlessley
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 05:00:10 am »

Take a look at Panel.  It has a settings icon (gear) near the bottom.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 06:00:12 am »

Is anyone successfully running the Id without a monitor or keyboard/mouse attached after initial setup?

Is there a way to remote into the GUI?

Mine loses its wired gigabit connection periodically, and I know it's just a matter of changing a setting again - not sure how it keeps resetting itself. It disappears from the network both wired and wirelessly, and hence I cannot get it to show up as a DLNA device.

I've never had a wired ethernet dropout ever that I'm aware of.

Using UltraVNC, I regularly remote in using the default password:
Code: [Select]
remoteEZpeezee ...  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 09:54:47 am »

Thanks, Jim and astromo.
I'll try UltraVNC when I have the Id back on the network. For now, I have to move the whole thing to another room, connect it to a tv and another wired network and reboot. I've checked all the cables I'm using and the switch is working for my unraid server.
And I know it's not an antivirus this time. :)

Jim, I don't think I can run panel since the Id is still on MC 19 (I think). It is still on the original main version of MC, and running the update feature did not progress beyond that.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 10:27:39 am »

Try running the update again.  Even the oldest Id's should update.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 10:31:36 am »

Okay, Jim - thanks. Once I have time to connect a monitor to it and get the network up and running again, I will do that. I've run it twice so far, but did not take note of the version numbers before and after, except to see that it was still MC19. I wondered whether it updates to the latest possible version or just jump one update at a time, so that it would have to be run multiple times if one didn't keep up.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 10:50:10 am »

It should get the latest version available.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 11:08:19 am »

It should get the latest version available.

Thanks! That will give me enough information to figure out whether it's user error or something else wrong in the chain. Hopefully I will address it this week. I'll likely install Win 10 on the unit if I cannot get it to work simply.

(Over the past few weeks I have got a NUC, a BRIX and an HP Stream Mini running MC 22 on Win 10, also acting as AirPlay zones, so I know I have that approach down.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up