INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hairstyle skins  (Read 1156 times)

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
Hairstyle skins
« on: July 21, 2003, 10:35:01 pm »

Wondering is anyone has the answer to my dilemma.

I was creating a new hairstyle skin the other night so I could have things set up the way I wanted them, and could not get around this annoying problem of a small trace of 'magic-pink' around all graphic objects I created. No matter what size I made them, what shape, anything, it would not go away. If I imported buttons from another skin they worked fine. I made my buttons to the exact dimensions of the default and acajou skins, but still had the pink line around them. Since there doesn't seem to be anything in the XML specifying button size, I assume it looks into the button.gif file and divides the width by 6 to get the button size.

Anyone have any thoughts? Something in plain sight that I overlooked?

If there is a Hairstyle thred that this belongs in, please, let me know and I will repost there so this may be deleted. I am burnt out from summer finals and reading is a chore for me at the moment ;)

.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

nila

Re: Hairstyle skins
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 11:28:39 pm »

Finals suck always :)

What's probably happening is when your creating the file - the pink line ur talking about is a TINY shade off from the rest of it and so that is why it's showing - use a mask and select all the pink and make sure it includes that tiny line - then go over it with a paintbrush to make sure it is EXACTLY that pink colour and that usually fixes it :)

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 12:19:40 am »

ahhh, of course! In my haste I totally overlooked that.

Thx  ;D
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 05:48:05 am »

Yeah, pink is typically used for the transparent color. Like Nila said, if you have one tiny line that's even one hex value off, then it's going to show up.

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 10:23:12 am »

yeah, I just didnt think of it because I had the magic pink set on the background layer then created my buttons on another layer. When I created the bevel on the buttons in Fireworks, it softened the edges of the buttons by one or two pixels, which merged with the pink when the file was flattened. I just totally didn't think of looking at that as I don't usually work with magic pink transparencies.

Thx for the pointer.  8)
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Pages: [1]   Go Up