INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging Help  (Read 1619 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Tagging Help
« on: January 13, 2017, 10:31:31 am »

I've done a bad thing :O

Some mistake I made has resulted in thousands of songs now having a common album title, instead of the hundreds of correct titles.  I have the option to save the metadata in the song file selected.  I am aware of the ability to create metadata based directory structure, but that way is less than good for me as the directories are not consistent enough for a decent tag fix.

I tried deleting from the library and then re-importing, but the album title error came back.  Is there any recovery I'm missing?

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tagging Help
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 11:14:01 am »

MC makes library backups for you.

First, turn auto import off. Tools > Options > Library and Folders > untick "Run auto import in the background"
In MC, click File > Library > Restore Library

Untick "Restore Settings"
Expand the drop down menu and pick a backup from a time you know is good.
Once done, select all files and "Update tags from library". This will correct the file tags.
Turn auto import back on.

That should be you all done.

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 01:04:46 pm »

Thanks.  Worked perfectly, once I followed your instructions to the letter!  I did need to update tags from library in chunks as it kept stalling.  Work out great though, and saved enormous time.  Appreciate the response.

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 02:57:38 am »

Happy to have helped.

Do you need any help figuring out how you arrived in that situation, or are you all good now?

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up