INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicated album title not appearing in JRemote  (Read 1659 times)

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Duplicated album title not appearing in JRemote
« on: January 20, 2017, 10:20:55 am »

My music collection has two albums with the same title, At Carnegie Hall (by different artists naturally).  Both albums show up fine in JRiver's audio -> album view.

In JRemote (the latest version, as of 20 Jan 2017) however, only one album is shown in the equivalent album view.  If I switch over to artist view, or perform a search by artist, then the other album is found, and plays fine.

I'm wondering whether JRemote is unintentionally filtering or dropping the "duplicate" album due to the identical name.  Thoughts (or settings to tweak)?

Thanks!

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Duplicated album title not appearing in JRemote
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:22:25 am »

Perhaps JRemote's behavior is the same as that for Gizmo discussed in this thread?

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107128.msg744035.html#msg744035

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Duplicated album title not appearing in JRemote
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 06:51:49 pm »

You will need to change the album details to make them different, jremote has the tendency to combine albums with the same name in views by album. By artist, or any other unique attribute by which to differentiate the 2, the albums will appear separately.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)
Pages: [1]   Go Up