INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Album brings in duplicate tracks.  (Read 2118 times)

redcloud

One Album brings in duplicate tracks.
« on: January 21, 2017, 01:09:26 pm »

I am currently using trail mode, while deciding if I want to move from foobar. I noticed when importing one particular album it brings in each track and duplicates it number of times. I had previously gone through MP3tag to check tags, and nothing seems out of order with rest of my music.

Here is a screen shot of current library: http://puu.sh/tuECp/5b6d56a8ab.png

I just pulled in one song from album in a new folder. Any help would be much appreciated.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: One Album brings in duplicate tracks.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 01:22:48 pm »

hello and welcome to Interact

Check that folder in windows and make sure that is not where the problem is.

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

redcloud

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 01:42:39 pm »

Thanks for quick response.

Album Artist isn't showing when I initially started JRiver. I have turned it on, and all show Elton John. There is no disc # association. The folder only contains 1 of each track, and when importing in other players they appear fine.

Folder: http://puu.sh/tuGIv/cee1ff3f71.png

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 03:26:29 pm »

See the CUE file in your directory?  That's the problem.  CUE files are normally used to break up one track into many tracks (like having the entire album in a single file).  The CUE file is like an index.  They are evil, outdated, and cause all kinds of problems with MC.  I'd take a look at it and then probably delete it.  Up to you of course.

Brian.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 03:47:32 pm »

See the CUE file in your directory?  That's the problem.  CUE files are normally used to break up one track into many tracks (like having the entire album in a single file).  The CUE file is like an index.  They are evil, outdated, and cause all kinds of problems with MC.  I'd take a look at it and then probably delete it.  Up to you of course.

Brian.

good catch Brian, I couldn't see that in the first screen shot although I should have known that was the culprit....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

redcloud

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 05:44:30 pm »

Thanks. I tried that and it fixed couple of songs. I ended up going to Drives & Devices. Then going to folder in there and importing to library from there opposed to File>Library>Import... , and that worked.

Thanks for helping me out with this guys. Nice little community JRiver has.
Pages: [1]   Go Up