INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD Playback (with images, I hope)  (Read 899 times)

Shelly

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I love listening to music with Media Center!
DVD Playback (with images, I hope)
« on: July 19, 2003, 04:33:14 pm »

I've been posting this bug for several weeks and consider it fairly significant, but as I haven't seen any confirmations, perhaps I'm the only one experiencing the problem.  However, I don't have the functionality on either my desktop or my laptop.  

All the DVDs play with PowerDVD and WinDVD5.  I have a new video card, current drivers, 128MG of video memory, and have attempted playback with decreased video and color resolution.

After inserting a DVD in the drive (a Sony DRU 500A in the desktop), I receive the expected new media action prompt and confirm that I wish to play the disc.  The following error message is displayed:

I then attempt to start playback by conventional means within MC and regardless of the method receive the following:

It takes several attempts to close the error message and then this error message replaces it:

I really would like to be able to use MC for viewing DVDs, especially on my laptop.  If it is a bug, I hope the development team will give it a high priority (pretty please, Jim and Matt)  but if it isn't, any help from the group would be appreciated.  

Shelly

JohnT

Re: DVD Playback (with images, I hope)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 08:40:50 am »

The next build of MC should provide a more descriptive error message that will help in troubleshooting the problem.

Thanks!
- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
Re: DVD Playback (with images, I hope)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 07:29:53 pm »

The next build of MC should provide a more descriptive error message that will help in troubleshooting the problem.

That's good to hear, John.  Thanks :)

Shelly
Pages: [1]   Go Up