INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate entries of SACD files in MC library  (Read 3847 times)

jo041326

Duplicate entries of SACD files in MC library
« on: January 31, 2017, 03:13:12 am »

Hi,
I am trying the JRiver and it is a great piece of SW, I am really impressed. But I have a problem. When I import files into  library (around 4000 files), FLAC files are OK but SACD has always all tracks doubled. When I look at the path of files, it shows to the same place and to the same file. I can play both of them. The only difference is when the SACD has for instance 5 tracks, the first track has number 1 and than number 6.
When I delete duplicates manually, they reappear again. Is it some bug with SACD files? The SACD is a ISO file and there is no CUE file in the folder.
Thank you for some info
Josef

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Duplicate entries of SACD files in MC library
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 03:39:07 am »

Hi,
I am trying the JRiver and it is a great piece of SW, I am really impressed. But I have a problem. When I import files into  library (around 4000 files), FLAC files are OK but SACD has always all tracks doubled. When I look at the path of files, it shows to the same place and to the same file. I can play both of them. The only difference is when the SACD has for instance 5 tracks, the first track has number 1 and than number 6.
When I delete duplicates manually, they reappear again. Is it some bug with SACD files? The SACD is a ISO file and there is no CUE file in the folder.
Thank you for some info
Josef
No bug.  The ISO usually contains a multichannel file and a stereo file for each track.  You can play which ever one suits.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

jo041326

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 03:59:05 am »

But these ISO files are only two channels recording.
Josef

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 04:30:25 am »

Are they hybrid, could be the CD layer

jo041326

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 05:21:49 am »

Oh, you are probably right. The tracks are of the same name, length and destination but they are of different size. So they are probably stereo and multichannel as you say. Can I turn off showing the multichannel tracks in some way?
Thank you
Josef

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 09:23:07 am »

Oh, you are probably right. The tracks are of the same name, length and destination but they are of different size. So they are probably stereo and multichannel as you say. Can I turn off showing the multichannel tracks in some way?
Thank you
Josef
Sure.  Create a view which displays only files with fewer than 3 channels.  I have them for that and for more so that I can browse what I want at the time.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

jo041326

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 10:03:33 am »

That is really great. Thank you all for your support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up