INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote to control MyCloud dlna.  (Read 3559 times)

Johnny1971

JRemote to control MyCloud dlna.
« on: February 04, 2017, 05:19:49 pm »

I have used MC to curate and organise my music which is on WD MyCloud. I currently use mconnect on my iPad to "stream" to my Bose wireless adapter to my musical fidelity DAC. When I do this I don't need to have my mac turned on. I've bought the jremote app as it appears to have a nicer interface. Can I do the same thing, i.e use the jremote to send music from my nas drive to my hifi without having my computer turned on?
I am no computer guru, just someone wanting to enjoy his music.
Apologies if this question has been asked millions of times. I have tried to search the internet.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote to control MyCloud dlna.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 06:13:56 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  To use JRemote, JRiver Media Center must be running somewhere.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 11:35:37 pm »

According to this post https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,105119.msg730959.html#msg730959 you cant run "media center" on a wd mycloud device, so you would need to install mc elsewhere -mac, windows pc, or pc running linux such as debian or fedora, or a nas such as qnap or synology - to use jremote.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 11:42:44 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  To use JRemote, JRiver Media Center must be running somewhere.
Hi Jim, I've read more than this thread here where people seem to be trying to use jremote as an application with other software and not with "Media Center". I've just read the description in the apple app centre and it's really obvious to me that it is stated what the app is for (jremote is remote control software for jriver mc etc .....), so I cant see how you could reword the description to help people avoid these mistakes.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

Johnny1971

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 03:51:11 am »

Morning from london,
Thank you for the responses. Such a shame, I think I'll have to stick with mconnect, it works without me having to fire up my mac, and is device agnostic, talking to Bose wireless adapter. It's just the library display and searching features feel a bit primitive. I read o review of JRemote which said it was tha application all other applications aspire to be! Unfortunately, there is no free trial, so threw caution to the wind, paid my £10 and it's a little bit limited.
Pages: [1]   Go Up