INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REQUEST: wrap/multi-line option for Tag Window fields  (Read 1056 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
REQUEST: wrap/multi-line option for Tag Window fields
« on: February 04, 2017, 12:10:26 pm »

The new Tag Window is wonderful. But viewing a few of my tags/fields is still a pain because a field with longer content doesn't fit and therefore doesn't display on the single line allocated to it. Perhaps this could be improved.

Examples: I can't readily spot typos/errors. With a multi-value field I can't see more than two or three values, so I have to click open the field in edit-mode to see what values are selected for it, an extra step that creates the risk of inadvertently changing a value (edit mode is always a risk when the only need is to view data). I don't want to simply make the Nav/Tag column wider because it I don't want to sacrifice the space of the main window, and Tag Window could never be wide enough for some of my lengthy fields contents.

I have MANY fields per music track, and many of them are multi-value or long text (therefore pane tagging has never been useful for my Music library, though I use it for my Images library.)

If other users could also benefit, I'm wondering if the new Tag Window is a chance to improve this? I've seen comments over the years about having the Tag Window float and be resizable, but perhaps wrapping text within the current Tag Window would suffice.

Suggestions:
-- When a field contains text that does not fully fit in the Tag Window width, wrap the text and expand the height to show all.
-- And, possibly allow the field display height to be controllable, specifying a max size so it doesn't go crazy with a very long field (such as Comments).
-- And, ideally, allow control per-field, since only a few of them need to be larger.

Or, am I missing an option (other than making Tag Window wider and/or using Pane Tagging, neither workaround solves the Tag Window dilemma).
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up