INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Wake Feature  (Read 2233 times)

robertisonline

• Junior Woodchuck
JRemote Wake Feature
« on: February 09, 2017, 06:37:50 pm »

I'm trying to figure out how to use the "Wake" feature for JRemote. I'm assuming this is Wake-On-Lan.

Thanks,

Robert

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote Wake Feature
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 10:59:21 pm »

Technically, one has to know the target's IP address and MAC address in order to send a "magic packet." For a Windows target, typically the kernel driver concerned with the network card has to know to act on a magic packet; in the driver's Properties/Power Management, you should see something like "Wake On LAN (WOL)."

I had trouble with getting WOL to work on my Windows 10 Pro x64 system, probably because I had a card with an older driver that didn't provide such a choice. I eventually got a new network card and instructed its driver to do WOL. After that, no worries.

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 11:04:19 pm »

I should have said that I wasn't using JRemote to do WOL. I use a program I found on the web (WoL Wake on LAN).

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 11:42:27 pm »

I should have said that I wasn't using JRemote to do WOL. I use a program I found on the web (WoL Wake on LAN).

There are various WoL apps that you can put to use. It might be possible to use MCWS ... one to research.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

robertisonline

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 09:55:24 am »

Sure, I know the IP and MAC, but how do I actually send the packet?

Also, Have you ever checked out DD-WRT router firmware upgrades? Obviously not the same as NICs, but could be helpful place if you're having trouble getting WOL to work.

Technically, one has to know the target's IP address and MAC address in order to send a "magic packet." For a Windows target, typically the kernel driver concerned with the network card has to know to act on a magic packet; in the driver's Properties/Power Management, you should see something like "Wake On LAN (WOL)."

I had trouble with getting WOL to work on my Windows 10 Pro x64 system, probably because I had a card with an older driver that didn't provide such a choice. I eventually got a new network card and instructed its driver to do WOL. After that, no worries.

robertisonline

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 10:00:21 am »

Any particular ones that you know of for OS X?

There are various WoL apps that you can put to use. It might be possible to use MCWS ... one to research.
Pages: [1]   Go Up