INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG source info  (Read 2710 times)

Jeepaholic

• Recent member
EPG source info
« on: February 05, 2017, 07:12:45 pm »

I feel the need to apologize before you even read this. I think this is a dumb question but I don't find JRiver to be very user-friendly so I can't find this info myself.     
Where does JRiver get it's EPG data from? I got a renewal notice from Schedules Direct, but I don't know if that is for JRiver, or another program I no longer use. Where can I look to get this info?

Thanks in advance.

Jeepaholic

• Recent member
Re: EPG source info
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 08:29:46 pm »

Is there no way for a newb to tell if he's using SD or not?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 06:29:46 am »

Welcome aboard.

MC, while not the most intuitive software out there, is awesome, and the fact that it ties so many great features together in something even almost intuitive is a feat in itself.

Now that this is in the Television forum, Yaobing may be able to shed some light on things for you. I rarely see him venture beyond the confines of the TV section 😁

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:13:33 am »

Internally we do not use Schedules Direct.  So whatever message you got was not from MC.  It might have come from your prior set up of Schedules Direct.

The options in MC are: mc2xml, PercData, XMLTV, and over-the-air scan.  The XMLTV option is more generic.  You can feed it with data from any source you use, as long as they come in XMLTV format.  mc2xml has an option to use Schedules Direct.  That might be how you set it up.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Jeepaholic

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 10:37:13 am »

Thanks Yaobing, and to the mod that moved this into the right section.   
So the SD message must have been from one of the other things I've tried. While JRiver isn't terribly intuitive, and I'd love to see better search and guide features,  I got it for it's hi-res audio functionality coupled with the DVR functionality. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up