INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: switch between audio drivers depending on location  (Read 2092 times)

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen
switch between audio drivers depending on location
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:53:50 am »

Hi, i normally use mc22 with my laptop connected to my audio interface (rme fireface) which is connected to my speakers. In that case i use the ASIO Fireface USB driver  (options > audio > audio device)

However if i use my laptop somewhere else (where i cannot connect directly to the usb audio interface) i always have to update the driver in options>audio so that i can play music directly from my laptop (i pick direct sound in that case and use headphone directly connected to laptop).  And when i am back behind my desk i have to switch back to the asio one.

What would be the most elegant way to bypass this issue of constantly changing device drivers depending on where you use your computer without loosing quality  of audio when connected to the audio interface ?

thanks koen

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: switch between audio drivers depending on location
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 02:07:40 am »

a more immediate way to do the switch would be to create 2 zones and set the audio device in each one accordingly. This doesn't automate it but it does remove the need to fiddle in menus when you switch.

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 02:26:37 am »

Hi thanks,  this is somewhat better ..   

.. so would there be a way to automatically detect in what zone you are .. maybe based on how connected to your intranet (wifi vs. lan) or the connected audio devices or stength of wifi signal or which wifi ssid connected etc ?

thanks koen

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 03:28:56 am »

I don't believe there is a way to do that from within MC but you can switch zone using MCWS. This means if you can find some app (or write a script yourself) that can monitor such things and respond by firing off an appropriate http request then you could automate it.

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 03:35:54 am »

hi, thats sounds like an interesting interesting idea (although the zone switching effort is not that huge) ... any suggestions from the community on which app might be availablke that detects such things are welcome.. i will also do some investigation

thanks

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 07:04:04 am »

hi, working with zones is ok for me so i stop searching for alternatives.

thanks all
Pages: [1]   Go Up