INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi Asio - O Deus Audio  (Read 2416 times)

gartylad

Multi Asio - O Deus Audio
« on: January 17, 2017, 06:34:45 am »

JRiver users

I have been using JRiver for over a year now, with multiple zones using a single Asio driver. In using the Asio-multi software which runs an Asio server to allow separate zone outputs to Asking channel 1-8 of my Asus sound card. All Good.

Unfortunately I have always received driver crashes with seen to be linked to how long audio is playing. In general playback use is fine, but I have a zone for the nursery which can be on for 12hrs to 3days. After playing for this period of time, when I press stop my machine freezes. Not a blue screen, just freezes.

In looking for an alternative drive, I found O Deus Audio Pro which has solved the driver crashing issue and adds lots more features and contols to the simple Asio-multi driver. Unfortunately I have been unable to get two zones playing togeather, this always flags an error in JRiver.

In working with O Deus developers in providing error logs etc, I have had the following response:

Thank you very much for trying the new version and we have now been able to find out what the issue is.

It appears JRiver is trying to open our ASIO driver twice within the same process. Unfortunately our driver cannot be opened twice within the same process and this is why it is not working. It worked with the other ASIO multi driver because it would not have this limitation.

I think it would be wise to contact JRiver support about this issue and see what they say as this may be an issue for them. When using more than one zone, I would have expected JRiver to still use the same ASIO driver instance for the other zone. It appears, instead that they are trying to open the driver twice which may be intended but it could be a bug for them.

Can anyone here help or advise on this?. I'm really trying to get this solution working

Gartylad

gartylad

Re: Multi Asio - O Deus Audio
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 03:18:39 pm »

Don't like bumping my own thread, but can anyone advise.

JRiver, is this how things are designed to work, or it an issue for development/fixing ?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multi Asio - O Deus Audio
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 03:22:07 pm »

from jriver's point of view, I believe this is working as intended, i.e. each "session" is a separate instance of the asio device. You need a driver with multi client support to do what you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up