INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time Shifting on recordings while watching/stutter on recordings.  (Read 1226 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

While watching a show that is being recorded as a subscription if I hit stop or change channels I'm being asked if I want to keep time shifting. 
Looking at what's being written to disc I have both a time shifting folder created for that show plus a .ts file being recorded.  Is MC writing twice to the hard drive for the same show?

During that time 2 shows were being recorded and one of them is stuttering. This never bothered me as it didn't happen before (stuttering).  Thinking it might be due to the unnecessary time shifting folders/files being created on top of the .ts recording..
Or anything to do with that .ts bug?

thx

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Time Shifting on recordings while watching/stutter on recordings.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 06:59:46 pm »

When recording a show in TS, a time-shifting folder and files in it are created as temporary buffering so you can watch the show live while the recording is going on.  This is necessary, and has been this way for as long as recording in TS format existed.

As for the pop-up asking you whether you want to save time-shifting, there is a setting for it.  You can set it to "do not save" if you don't ever need to save time-shifting.  Also, even if your setting is "to ask", you won't see the popup when a recording is still going on.  So what happened in your case was that you watched the recording until after the recording finished.  So MC had treated your case as a simple time-shifting session that your setting requires it to ask.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up