INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging with Panes  (Read 876 times)

nila

Tagging with Panes
« on: July 18, 2003, 10:24:46 am »

Hello :)

It's me again!!

Ok, I decided to give tagging my images another shot in MC and see if it's gotten much easier. I still cant really do it properly though.

Here's my problem - NONE of my images are tagged. I have over 8639 photo's that I've collected from the last 6 years from all our hollidays (I used to scan them in before I got my digital camera) and the current tagging method I'm just finding too hard.

1. My biggest problem is the lack of previously used tag values showing. Basically each time I choose a sub group of images to tag I have to totally start from scratch as to what values are possible to assign those photo's to.

2. Another problem is that as soon as I press F4 to start tagging them, all indication disappears on fields that cannot be changed, as to which value of them I was in - it just goes grey with no highlight to show me what I have selected.

3. The third thing, but one I can live with, its just a bit inconvinient, is having to go backwards and forwards between tagging and then selecting a new sub-set to modify. It really slows down the task a lot. The 'smart tagging' that you originally came up with would soo much better as the tagging mode.

problem 1 is pretty  much a show stopper for me.
I'm not going to undertake tagging this many files having to re-enter the values each time, it'd just take way way too long (the only way to get around this is just to have 10,000 images all showing at the same time and thats just not manageable unless I tag the images one by one).

problem 2 would definitely help clarify the matter a lot and really help me from having to toggle F4 on and off to see where I was again.

And problem 3 - well that'd make life a lot nicer but I can live without it.

nila

Re: Tagging with Panes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 10:26:33 am »

And one little point,
You might think: oh thats tons of photo's, most users wont have that many images that need tagging so it wont effect many people.

EVERYONE coming to MC for the first time and looking at it for image management is going to have however many images they have and they will ALL be untagged.

Unlike mp3's, images are never going to start with a tag and so are always going to need the most tagging work done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up