INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Separate audio playback on renderer from video playback on server?  (Read 2372 times)

elviscaprice

• Recent member

I would like to add an audiophile renderer to my audio system stream, BUT, I would like to maintain the same format capabilities with HQ video by being able to stream the video picture via HDMI to my monitor thru server.  While sending audio via direct ethernet to my renderer to be streamed to my separate DAC/audio system.  Is this conceivable possible with JRiver?

8)  Elvis

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Separate audio playback on renderer from video playback on server?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 06:45:59 pm »

An AV receiver is the perfect solution for this. MC sends the combined audio and video via HDMI to the receiver, which feeds the audio to its internal amplifiers, and passes on the video via HDMI to your TV..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

elviscaprice

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 06:57:04 pm »

Thank you Andrew for the suggestion.  But I already have achieved great sound and video via my current setup, with HDMI output from HTPC/server to my monitor.
  (JRiver) Windows 10 optimized (HDPlex 100W LPS)(HDPLEX Hi-Fi 250W DC-ATX) => PPA V2 USB (LPS-1) =>(USB Adapter) Intona =>(Supra USB No 5V No shield) Regen(LPS-1) =>(USB Adapter no 5V) Chord Hugo =>(Nordost White Lightning) Outlaw Mono block 2200 =>(Nordost White Lightning) Magnepan Mini

An AV receiver would be a backward solution from my current setup in which I'm striving to achieve the best sound quality possible while maintaining the ability for good video.  Although I could make this change for audio only, I would rather not and keep the same solo DAC connection with video also.   This is why I stay with JRiver for it's video playback in combination with bit perfect audio playback and it's great library features.  There are many other media players for audio only.
Here would be my new audio system, keeping HDMI to my monitor for video from the server/HTPC.
(JRiver) Windows 10 optimized (HDPlex 100W LPS)(HDPLEX Hi-Fi 250W DC-ATX) =>Ethernet mRendu(LPS-1) =>(USB Adapter no 5V) Chord Hugo =>(Nordost White Lightning) Outlaw Mono block 2200 =>(Nordost White Lightning) Magnepan Mini
The HTPC/server would communicate via Ethernet/wireless (separate bridged NIC) with router to my mRendu renderer.

Just thought I would check to see if there was a solution I was unaware of for adding the audio only renderer (mRendu) and maintaining video playback in server, JRiver?

ted_b

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 09:19:45 am »

Elvis, did you experiment since no other replies here?  I have a couple folks on CA asking the same question: mRendu as great DLNA/UPnP renderer for audio from JRIver as DLNA server, with video from JRIver going to local HDMI monitor (or worst case, sending video to video renderer).
Pages: [1]   Go Up