INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sub output after install  (Read 2240 times)

Tgterm

• Recent member
No sub output after install
« on: February 20, 2017, 08:05:04 pm »

Hi..I reinstalled MC on a new laptop tonight, and I am unable to get any output for music to my sub.  I have the laptop connected via USB to my Halo Integrated amp, which handles the bass management.  I am sure I have something screwed up in the MC configuration, but not sure what.  I really just want to play my source files in their native format and resolution (I have FLAC, DSD, iTunes files, etc. in my library), and want that to play straight through to my amp.  Any advice on what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

Thank you!

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No sub output after install
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 08:42:44 pm »

Hi..I reinstalled MC on a new laptop tonight, and I am unable to get any output for music to my sub.  I have the laptop connected via USB to my Halo Integrated amp, which handles the bass management.  I am sure I have something screwed up in the MC configuration, but not sure what.  I really just want to play my source files in their native format and resolution (I have FLAC, DSD, iTunes files, etc. in my library), and want that to play straight through to my amp.  Any advice on what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

In a stereo system, there is no sub output unless some process creates one. Were you doing bass management in MC or in the Halo?  I suspect you start looking there.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Tgterm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 08:45:53 pm »

Doing it in the Halo.  How should MC be set so as not to enforce any bass management?  Sorry, a bit new to MC, and I get a little overwhelmed with the setting...

Thanks!

Tgterm

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 08:46:35 pm »

In a stereo system, there is no sub output unless some process creates one. Were you doing bass management in MC or in the Halo?  I suspect you start looking there.
Doing it in the Halo.  How should MC be set so as not to enforce any bass management?  Sorry, a bit new to MC, and I get a little overwhelmed with the setting...

Thanks!

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 09:26:09 pm »

By default, it does none.  Go to Tools>Audio>DSP+OutputFormat and make sure that the box next to Room Correction is unchecked to insure no bass management.  Then you can do it in the Halo.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Tgterm

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 09:28:15 pm »

By default, it does none.  Go to Tools>Audio>DSP+OutputFormat and make sure that the box next to Room Correction is unchecked to insure no bass management.  Then you can do it in the Halo.
Thank you...I will give that a try tomorrow! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up