INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center Dosen't Open Normally, Runs as Server  (Read 1266 times)

gdrichardson

• Recent member
Media Center Dosen't Open Normally, Runs as Server
« on: February 26, 2017, 06:53:09 am »

The exact problem that Neil50 reported on his mac system started happening to me today on Windows 10 Home.

JRiver won't open
« on: February 17, 2017, 02:15:55 pm »
ReplyQuote
I have trouble opening MC 22. I get the error message:

Media Center 22 is running, but there may be a problem. Possible causes:
 1. The program is also running under a different user account.
 2. Media Center 22 and Media Server are both in Windows Startup. You must remove one.
 3. The program is not responding for an unknown reason.
Please try rebooting the computer. Verify that no other user accounts are running the program.

I am unfamiliar with much of the jargon used on the forums, so please (!) . . . keep it simple . . .  thanks.

I don't know what user account we are talking about. I am the only user on my computer. I am signed into my computer with a Microsoft Account and Outlook e-mail address. My JRiver account uses a gmail e-mail address. Is that a problem?

I don't know what Media Server is, but neither is running in Windows Startup. MC 22 and Media Server are both found when I open the Windows Start menu.

I have rebooted my computer several times.

I have updated MC 22 to 22.0.74. The problem persists.

For some reason, of which I know not, MC 22 is now open, but I don't know what caused it to be open. Perhaps when I used Edge to search for an answer, found the forums, tried to start a new post, it opened MC 22, but that is mere speculation and could be coincidence, because I really don't know. I was able to open once before this instance during my troubleshooting, but, after I closed MC 22, I couldn't open it again and got the same message. Until it just opened again.

Media Center is not in my startup folder. I have uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted JRiver 22.075 several times with no luck and also reverted to 2.071. Every time a small version of Media Center shows up in Task Manager as a process.

Neil50 reports that his problem just went away by itself, but right now I can't use JRiver at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up