INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC not 'letting go' of WTV files?  (Read 1459 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC not 'letting go' of WTV files?
« on: March 02, 2017, 08:54:22 am »

I've been fighting this issue for a few months now, not sure exactly what version it started in. When MC is processing .wtv files (those recorded by WMC) it does not always release them when done. I constantly find myself looking at 'Saving tag changes (x remaining)' messages. When I run process explorer to see what is going on, the problem files or files are always in use by MC and only MC.

Right now I am looking at 'Saving tag changed (1 remaining) and when I look in process explorer I see MC currently has 3 .wtv files 'in use' and all of these are opened twice at the same time by MC (see attached).

The only way I can 'free up' these files is to completely close MC (desktop and server) and re-open.

I realize these are on the server but it also happens with files on the local machine too. When I have monitored things with WTV files in real time as I tag them in MC, I have never seen the files in use by any program other than MC and they eventually end up in this 'open twice by MC' state.

Looking to see if anyone else is using both WMC and MC and pulling their .wtv files in to MC? If you are, are you having any problems with them?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC not 'letting go' of WTV files?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 02:16:33 pm »

I am not 100% positive at this point but I am pretty sure that changing the Windows settings to prevent the creation of thumbs.db files on network folders has resolved this.

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
Re: MC not 'letting go' of WTV files?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 04:15:30 pm »

I am not 100% positive at this point but I am pretty sure that changing the Windows settings to prevent the creation of thumbs.db files on network folders has resolved this.

I do not know if this supports your view or not.  With other files, mainly audio rips, I encounter thumbs.db intermittently in ripped folders.  I have no clue why that is or what that file contains. Anybody?
Pages: [1]   Go Up