INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Converter in MC (Convert Format) how to setup Audio quality?  (Read 2857 times)

mirskid

• Recent member

Hi I was using the Convert Format option in the MC22. I selected MP4 1080p. When I click in options the "Video Conversion Options" window appears so I can select destination folder and a few basic things regarding saving the file however there is an option that says Audio and I cannot select anything or there is nothing to change in there.

I converted a few mpg to mp4 files and they all have the audio fixed in 224kbps. The original audio in mpg file was 320kbps.

Does anyone know how to setup the audio quality for this converted MP4 files?
How can I achieve quality higher that 224kbps?

Thanks for the advice and help.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Video Converter in MC (Convert Format) how to setup Audio quality?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 10:38:41 pm »

At this stage they are all predefined and fixed.  I think it is on Hendrik's (long) list of potential things to look at.
JRiver CEO Elect

mirskid

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 12:37:06 am »

Thanks for the reply.
I hope it is on the short term list of things to do

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 02:53:53 am »

Bit-rate is codec dependent, and 224kbps is plenty high for the AAC audio codec we use, going any higher would not result in higher quality, for what its worth. For stereo, like all our conversion presets, 160kbps or 192kbps are usually plenty, but we opted for even higher rates in the HD presets because the audio bitrate is still extremely small compared to the space the video uses.

AAC is the successor of MP3, for example, so it naturally needs less bitrate - otherwise it wouldn't be much of a successor. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mirskid

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 06:22:12 am »

Thanks!

Many thanks for the explanation

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 06:53:15 am »

If MC can play the video in question, there's probably little benefit to converting it to another format.  You will only lose quality in any conversion.

If you are wanting to reduce the size of videos or something, that's another matter.  I would personally use another tool for that.  Actually I wouldn't do it at all.  I've almost always regretted making videos smaller.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up