INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver stops playing and songs disappear from playing now plz advise  (Read 3775 times)

leperlord

• World Citizen

I ve had this particular problem for some time and cant figure out how to fix it

When playing any number of songs , whether im near or active on my pc or not , suddenly play back will stop because all songs in playing now have disappeared .

Im on windows 7x

Is there a way to stop this from happening ? or at least an easier way to reload all the songs that disappeared from JRiver ?

Its a real PITA to go back and have to reload dozens or often more , random songs i had in play

Thank you

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

Check under Tools>Options>General>Advanced and make sure "clear playing now on exit" is not checked.

leperlord

• World Citizen

Thanks for a quick reply

No i dont have that checked , i never have it checked because i so often like to continue listening where i left off

:)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

An easy way to get all the songs back:

Playlists > Recently Playing Now's > right click, "Add to Playing Now", or one of the other options.

As for the original problem, CountryBumkin's suggestion will stop Playing Now being cleared, which should help in recovery. But you may need to provide more information as to the cause.

i.e.
Are you using the WDM driver?
Are there sounds that would play on your PC, using the WDM driver and MC, which could be causing the Playing Now list to clear when they are played?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

leperlord

• World Citizen

Thank you

Wow you went way over my head there mate , this prog is so in depth , and i just play music and muck  about when stuff goes awry .

I ve had that set the way countrybumpkin suggests since i ve used JRiver

Will that affect songs that re presently playing ?

What i mean is , often songs that re presently playing will randomly disappear from playing , i may be in my gym working out and suddenly music stops , i come out and there are no songs in JRiver .

"Are you using the WDM driver?
Are there sounds that would play on your PC, using the WDM driver and MC, which could be causing the Playing Now list to clear when they are played?"

Where and how do i check for that driver ? And what do you mean by "are there sounds that...?"

With my limited skills i can tell you that Im using my moon dac ad driver device (WASAPI)

I see no mention of WDM driver , as far as to sounds , tho i dont understand , do you mean do i get a warning sound when the clearing happens ? Or do you mean do i have another program open that may interfere with JRiver and make it clear list ?

I hope my limited knowlege was enough to help you with a reply ?

Your patience is appreciated

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

What i mean is , often songs that re presently playing will randomly disappear from playing , i may be in my gym working out and suddenly music stops , i come out and there are no songs in JRiver .

If that is the way it happens, I would suspect you may have some corrupted or damaged audio files. Maybe. With that setting to keep the Playing Now list, it shouldn't be cleared when playback stops, for any reason really. There are some tools available that can check for corruption in audio files. An internet search should find some. I haven't had to use them, so don't know too much about them. MC usually tells me during Auto-Import if a song file is corrupted, in the detailed report at the end. But sometimes MC won't notice at Import time, as the files get corrupted later. Hence, tools to scan files and check them.

Where and how do i check for that driver ? And what do you mean by "are there sounds that...?"

The WDM driver is a sound input driver for MC, so that normal computer sounds or sounds from other applications are captured and played through MC, instead of using the Windows sound system. You can check if it is selected by right clicking on the speaker icon in the system tray (bottom right) of Windows, and then selecting "Playback Devices". This is outside MC of course. Windows will then show you all the available audio playback devices on your PC. One of them will be the "JRiver Media Center 22" device. If that is selected, you are using the WDM driver.

When you are using the WDM driver, normal computer sounds like receiving an email, Windows system notifications, or any sound that the PC makes when something happens on it, will be played through MC. That can be a problem sometimes, and may be stopping playback for you. But I'm not sure on that, and the Playlist shouldn't be cleared.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DJLegba

Perhaps network issues and not corrupt audio files. Also check to make sure you are using exclusive mode for WASAPI (but don't ask me how, as I don't use WASAPI).

leperlord

• World Citizen

Thank you all

I will look all this over :)

leperlord

• World Citizen

Thanks to all here for valued time and advice .

Since it happens randomly i will have to wait and see if any of this advice will affect change

I ll report back

Thank you

Cinelder

• World Citizen

Perhaps network issues and not corrupt audio files. Also check to make sure you are using exclusive mode for WASAPI (but don't ask me how, as I don't use WASAPI).

FWIW, I had this problem suddenly appear on two different computers using two separate audio data drives right after upgrading to Media Center 22.0.79.  The problem does not appear to be related to corrupt files - the particular tracks on which Media Center 22.0.79 had suddenly stopped replayed without incident when re-queued.  The problem has not recurred since 'downgrading' to Media Center 22.0.77.

leperlord

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver stops playing and songs disappear from playing now plz advise
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 02:35:21 pm »

It happened to me again yesterday

"The problem does not appear to be related to corrupt files"

I ll agree with that , because once that happens i reload the exact same files and they will play with no errors .

This goes back to 21x at least here , and on a few different pcs/laptops

Thanks

Cinelder

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver stops playing and songs disappear from playing now plz advise
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 02:22:26 pm »

The same problem (suddenly stops playing, playlist gone) seemed to recur for me on two windows 10 computers running JRiver with updates  22.0.79 though 22.0.87, requiring a  downgrade to 22.0.77 to make it go away.  With update 22.0.88, the problem is gone.  No idea if this is merely coincidence or there was something introduced in 22.0.79 that got resolved with 22.0.88, but glad it's gone. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up