INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display audio format in theater view?  (Read 2177 times)

NorCalJason

• Recent member
Display audio format in theater view?
« on: March 04, 2017, 03:11:24 pm »

Hello!  Long time JRiver supporter...

Trying to get audio format to appear in theater view; AC3 / DTS-MA etc.  Just like XBMC does...

I've searched the forums, google, etc.  It's gotta be an easy thing to do... 

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Display audio format in theater view?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 06:16:42 pm »

Actually I'd be interested in this as well. Not sure where to edit the information screens.

Cryptographer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 09:12:02 am »

+1

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 03:19:24 pm »

There is no way to do it like XMBC does.  You can get sort of there with a few steps.

First, you need to go to Options -> Library & Folders -> Manage Library Fields -> Add New Field
Name your field (I use AudioCompression) and select Calculated Data.
For the Expression, use this code:
Code: [Select]
ifelse(isequal([Compression], DTS-HD MA, 8), DTS-HD MA, isequal([Compression], DTS-HD, 8), DTS-HD, isequal([Compression], MP2, 8),MP2, isequal([Compression], pcm_dvd, 8), PCM,  isequal([Compression], AAC, 8), AAC, isequal([Compression], DTS-ES, 8), DTS-ES, isequal([Compression], DTS, 8), DTS, isequal([Compression], TRUEHD, 8), Dolby TrueHD,  isequal([Compression], AC3, 8), DD, isequal([Compression], Dolby TrueHD, 8), Dolby TrueHD, isequal([Compression],mp3, 8), MP3, isequal([Compression], Layer 3, 8), MP3, isequal([Compression], FLAC, 8), FLAC, isequal([Compression], AAC, 8), AAC, isequal([Compression], LPCM, 8), LPCM, isequal([Compression], MPEG-2, 8), MPEG-2, isequal([Compression], WMA 10, 8), WMA 10, 1, NO)
Now, where in Theater View do you want to see it?

I'm assuming you want to see it with the File Info:
Go to Options -> Theater View -> Appearance -> Customize file info panel
Select the Movie Template
Add the Field for AudioCompression and move it to where you want to see it in the Fields list.  I keep Style: Standard and Show: Always show with Hide when value is empty checked. 

If you just want to see it with the tile, you can go to Options -> Theater View -> Items To Show
Select your Movie category and click edit. 
Change the type to Expression. Expression to group by will be [Name] and for the Expression to display, make it something like [Name] [Year] [AudioCompression] (or whatever else you want to see)

The problem with all of this compared to Kodi is that the more things you want to see, the larger the wall of text that you will be creating.  There is no way currently to show logos for AudioCompression, Studio, MPAA Rating, etc like there is in Kodi. 

I have suggested several times that the functionality of the \\JRiver\Cover Art folder be expanded beyond Albums, Seasons, Series.  Then there could be default icons for AudioCompression logos, MPAA Ratings, Genres, etc in the appropriately titled folders.  Advanced users could go on to create and change them on their own simply by saving .jpg or .png files with the same name in the corresponding folder. 

Honestly, unless you need JRiver's audio engine, you are probably better off just using Kodi.  Especially for a 10' UI and just watching movies.

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 10:01:01 am »

Conner,

Thanks much, will definitely have to give this a try.

NorCalJason

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 10:27:08 pm »

There is no way to do it like XMBC does.  You can get sort of there with a few steps.

First, you need to go to Options -> Library & Folders -> Manage Library Fields -> Add New Field
Name your field (I use AudioCompression) and select Calculated Data.
For the Expression, use this code:
Code: [Select]
ifelse(isequal([Compression], DTS-HD MA, 8), DTS-HD MA, isequal([Compression], DTS-HD, 8), DTS-HD, isequal([Compression], MP2, 8),MP2, isequal([Compression], pcm_dvd, 8), PCM,  isequal([Compression], AAC, 8), AAC, isequal([Compression], DTS-ES, 8), DTS-ES, isequal([Compression], DTS, 8), DTS, isequal([Compression], TRUEHD, 8), Dolby TrueHD,  isequal([Compression], AC3, 8), DD, isequal([Compression], Dolby TrueHD, 8), Dolby TrueHD, isequal([Compression],mp3, 8), MP3, isequal([Compression], Layer 3, 8), MP3, isequal([Compression], FLAC, 8), FLAC, isequal([Compression], AAC, 8), AAC, isequal([Compression], LPCM, 8), LPCM, isequal([Compression], MPEG-2, 8), MPEG-2, isequal([Compression], WMA 10, 8), WMA 10, 1, NO)
Now, where in Theater View do you want to see it?

I'm assuming you want to see it with the File Info:
Go to Options -> Theater View -> Appearance -> Customize file info panel
Select the Movie Template
Add the Field for AudioCompression and move it to where you want to see it in the Fields list.  I keep Style: Standard and Show: Always show with Hide when value is empty checked. 

If you just want to see it with the tile, you can go to Options -> Theater View -> Items To Show
Select your Movie category and click edit. 
Change the type to Expression. Expression to group by will be [Name] and for the Expression to display, make it something like [Name] [Year] [AudioCompression] (or whatever else you want to see)

The problem with all of this compared to Kodi is that the more things you want to see, the larger the wall of text that you will be creating.  There is no way currently to show logos for AudioCompression, Studio, MPAA Rating, etc like there is in Kodi. 

I have suggested several times that the functionality of the \\JRiver\Cover Art folder be expanded beyond Albums, Seasons, Series.  Then there could be default icons for AudioCompression logos, MPAA Ratings, Genres, etc in the appropriately titled folders.  Advanced users could go on to create and change them on their own simply by saving .jpg or .png files with the same name in the corresponding folder. 

Honestly, unless you need JRiver's audio engine, you are probably better off just using Kodi.  Especially for a 10' UI and just watching movies.

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up