INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DiNovo Keyboard and Media Center 11  (Read 3848 times)

yannl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • :-)
DiNovo Keyboard and Media Center 11
« on: December 30, 2004, 04:40:24 am »

Here are the players.ini and .reg to use a DiNovo keyboard with MC11.
Enjoy.

And btw, it would be a lot easier to have a general plugin that makes Media Center actions compatible with Windows Media Players, so we could use all Windows Media  Player's plugins (a winamp playing now plugin would also be a cool useless gadget to add stupid lines like curently playing in IM)

Here is the players.ini:

#List of supported players
#{btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac},exeName,wndClass,wndCaption,xxx,play_delayplay,pause,stop,prev,next,remove_flags,ShowOSD,menu_item
[Players]
MSMedia=key,xxx,MPlayer,xxx,xxx,0x10,0x10,0x13,0,0,0,1,Windows Media Player
MSMedia2=wac,xxx,Media Player 2,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Player
MSMedia7=wac,wmplayer.exe,WMP Skin Host,Windows Media Player,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Player 7
MSMediaX=wac,mplayer2.exe,WMP Skin Host,Windows Media Player,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Player
MSMedia9=wac,wmplayer.exe,WMPlayerApp,Windows Media Player,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Player 9
MusicMatch=cmd,MMJB.EXE,xxx,MusicMatch Jukebox 4,xxx,0x101F4,0x18059,0x101F5,0x101F6,0x101F7,0,1,MusicMatch
MusicMatch7=wac,MMJB.EXE,MMJB:MAINWND,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,MusicMatch
MDesktop=wac,MDesktop.exe,MediaDesktopClass,Media Desktop,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Media Desktop
PowerDVD=wac,PowerDVD,Class of CyberLink Universal Player,PowerDVD,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Power DVD
WinDVD=wac,WinDVD.exe,WinDVDClass,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Win DVD
iTunes=wac,iTunes.exe,iTunes,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,iTunes
MediaCenter=wac,ehshell.exe,eHome Render Window,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Center
WinAmp3=key,studio.exe,STUDIO,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,WinAmp 3
WinAmp3d=key,winamp3.exe,STUDIO,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,WinAmp 3d
Rhapsody=cmd,Rhapsody.exe,RHAPSODY,RHAPSODY,xxx,40045,40045,40046,40047,40048,0,1,Rhapsody
RealOne=wac,realplay.exe,GeminiWindowClass,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,RealOne Player
WinAmp5=cmd,winamp.exe,Winamp v1.x,xxx,xxx,40045,40046,40047,40044,40048,0,1,WinAmp 5
MC11=wac,Media Center.exe,MJFrame,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Media Center

[Players.Run]
MediaCenter=path,$WINDOWS\eHome
WinAmp3=reg,HKLM,SOFTWARE\Classes\Winamp3.File\DefaultIcon,,2
Rhapsody=reg,HKCR,rhap\DefaultIcon,,5
WinAmp5=reg,HKLM,SOFTWARE\Classes\Winamp.File\DefaultIcon,,2
MC11=reg,HKLM,SOFTWARE\Classes\MediaJukebox.File\DefaultIcon,,2

[Players.Display]
MediaCenter=Windows Media Center
RealOne=RealOne Player
MC11=Media Center

And here is the registry patch:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Media Center.exe]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\J River\\Media Center 11"
@="C:\\Program Files\\J River\\Media Center 11\\Media Center.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Media Center]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\J River\\Media Center 11"
@="C:\\Program Files\\J River\\Media Center 11\\Media Center.exe"

Yann L<br>________________________<br><br>Dans la vie, il faut faire comme le canard;<br>Etre calme en surface et pédaler comme un fou en profondeur (

labambo

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re: DiNovo Keyboard and Media Center 11
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 11:24:08 am »

Hi Yanni!!!

I don't know if I am too stupid for that. I have Media Center installed to the Directory: Program Files and used exactly the player.ini and the reg. file you posted. However it is not working.

Are you sure it is working after only doing those two things?

I am using a German Win XP Pro where programs usually are saved in the directory C:Programme / However I still saved Media Center in C:Program Files.

Could that cause the problems?

What other factors could SetPoint stop from running right?

Which Version of SetPoint are u using?

thanx for your help?

Daniel

ConTrail

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 06:59:47 pm »

I couldn't get this working either, dispite multiple attempts. Have you tried this with the latest version of the setpoint drivers?

scthom

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 10:14:57 pm »

I have the Logitech Cordless Elite keyboard.  It uses the iTouch software not the SetPoint.  I have both because my mouse uses the SetPoint.  Anyway...

I used the players.ini posted.  It fixed the problem with the crashing of iTouch, but did not actually control MC.  I even tried converting it to a "key" setup, using the CTRL-P,S,L, and N to see if that would work.  On the Logitech forum and support site, they have no info there either.

acp

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 01:50:03 am »

I got it to fire the media centre up, but none of the buttons appeared to work.

:-(

AP.

Robert S

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 11:28:08 am »

My mediapad works in MC11 if I don't install logitech drivers and use standard windows drivers for the di-novo. That is, I uninstall all software from Logitech and restart my computer and then it works.

I don't know how it works, but it does.

The only bad thing is that I dont get info when the battery is running out and I can't launch MC from the Media button, but I can change volume, and play/pause, play next track.

/Robert

jeroenribbink

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 06:05:08 am »

it worked for me by adding the media center 11 file to the register at HKLM>Microsoft>Windows>current version>app paths.
then i added a new key named: Media Center.exe. added a new variable with the link to the media center directory and the standard variable with a link to the file it self. then i worked for me.

remember to quit en restart setpoint. btw i have a logitech cordless desktop lx710 laser. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up