INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recorded tv  (Read 2166 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
recorded tv
« on: March 08, 2017, 07:15:10 am »

hi just quick questions, just wondering if its do able to have recordings go into a folder system like this ie a folder called the flash, second folder inside that one called season etc. this is with .ts

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: recorded tv
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 07:30:08 am »

Yes you can do it.  On Recording Options, there is an item called "Apply these tags (optional)".  Add a custom tagging item for field "Filename (path)".  Recordings will be copied into specified folder after they are finished.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 11:08:00 am »

thanks for the reply but its not working for me i cant seem to figure out what else to put in the box to make the tv series im recording to record in a folder structure like name of show then season number then the recording it self ie flash\season 1\flash s01e01. instead of just flash s01e02 etc want automate my htpc without exiting it into standard view
many thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 01:47:55 pm »

You set up your recording rule's "Apply these tags (optional)" like this:

Field: Filename (path)
Value: C:\TV Recordings\Flash\Season [Season]\

Is "Flash" the name of a TV series?  If so, you can even use this (so it will work for any TV series):
C:\TV Recordings\[Series]\Season [Season]\

However, since it is specified in a recording rule, which most likely is set up for a particular series, it should be fine just use the hard-coded "Flash".

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 01:54:11 am »

hi just would like to say thanks yaobing its been working nice, many thanks for the help

apologies for late reply did'nt want to be ignorant

boondoggle45

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 01:21:21 am »

Is it possible to do a one-time move of tv shows?  my d: drive is slowly being eaten up, and i'd like to move movies that I've recorded from tv, shows and a series or two.  Basically bits and pieces of this and that.  I'd like to continue recording in the same folder that I'm using, but I'd like to move tv shows and their associated files to an external drive.

Thank you for your time.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 08:34:49 am »

Yes you can move recorded TV shows any time you want to.

You need to use Video view instead of Television view to do it.  Click Video in the left panel.  You can narrow your selection by using one or more filtering tools - by Location (select drive and folder), by Media Subtype (select TV Show), and / or by File type (select jtv or ts, depending on which format you use for TV recordings).  Then you can select all shows you want to move, and right-click > Library Tools > Rename, Move, & Copy Files...

boondoggle45

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 08:26:17 pm »

Fantastic!  Thank you for responding so quickly.  I bought MC primarily for tv recording because it was the absolute best that I trialed.  I use it every single day and I love it to pieces  :)

Thanks again for the reply and MC.

Stephen
Pages: [1]   Go Up