INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hairstyle and new Panes - Problem  (Read 829 times)

nila

Hairstyle and new Panes - Problem
« on: July 17, 2003, 01:08:11 am »

Hiya,

Hadn't used hairstyle in a while and just went to give it a test run.

The new panes and view schemes and grouping just do not translate well to hairstyle at all.

The way we browse hairstyle is equivalent to the old tree method. With the panes we can totally ignore any colums we want and just say start a search from the third column, right now in hairstyle there is NO way to ignore  any fields. - We need to be able to ignore them.

Also, right now for view scheme groups we can assign panes and turn them into search places too.

I've done this and it works great from within MC - my default grouping for audio is my main search view.
This view scheme totally disappears in hairstyle and there is no way to use it. This defeats the purpose of having it as a view scheme if we cant use it.

Also, in the panes we can select several items in the first one, and this will then narrow it down for the next panes etc. How do we do this in Hairstyle mode? I tried playing with 'start selection' thinking this was going to do it for me so i could select the fields I wanted then move to the next. It seemed to make sense but it didn't work. I couldn't find any way to then move onto the next field after selecting a few from that view.

Also - we have to click on 'start selecting files' to start and then again to stop etc.

Couldn't we just have it set up so that it was always in 'select files' mode.
Pressing space bar selected the files and hitting enter then (when in view schemes) moved onto the next field using the previously selected fields to narrow down the next view. If we were in the files view then space would select them and enter would then play the selected files.

If we wanted to play all the files in a view scheme after we had made a selection then we could just click on 'play' after we'd made the selection and it would play all files in this selection.

Right now I really dont understand how it's working in hairstyle - sorry but it's very confusing (cant imagine what beginners are thinking of it).
Pages: [1]   Go Up