INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digidesign M-box for output won't work  (Read 769 times)

Veazer

• Recent member
Digidesign M-box for output won't work
« on: July 15, 2003, 01:26:41 am »

I am trying to use my Digidesign (ie Protools) M-Box for MC output using ASIO.

When playback is started, MC indicates the file is buffering and then locks up after a few seconds. I have tried various buffer sizes and to no avail.

Also, MC needs to add a "control panel" button when the ASIO driver is selected. Many ASIO drivers require you to change settings through the application itself and this is not possible in MC.

The M-box works fine with all other applications I have tried that support ASIO drivers (Fruity Loops, Steinberg Cubase, Steinberg Wavelab, Propellerhead Reason)

Non-ASIO output is not really an option for the M-box as the wave drivers require you to un-install the ASIO drivers, rendering ProTool unusable.

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Digidesign M-box for output won't work
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 08:33:38 am »

This is probably not terribly helpful, but I have successfully played back with ASIO using my Edirol UA-5 (similar to the M-box). One thing was that ASIO doesn't support automatic on-the-fly resampling like Windows Wave Out or DirectSound does. I had to set MC9's DSP Studio to resample to the right bit depth and frequency for my UA-5. For me, this was 24/44.1, but that depended on settings on the UA-5 (it can go up to 24/96).

I got an error message, not a lockup, when I had the settings wrong. Something like, "this sound card doesn't support the file format"...

Veazer

• Recent member
Re: Digidesign M-box for output won't work
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 12:45:39 am »

Actually, that may be very helpful! I will give that a shot when I get home. That's a good idea. I think the M-box driver defaults to 24-bit audio so you may have found the solution to my problem...

I still wish MC allowed access to the ASIO driver settings with a control panel button of some sort. Every other application I have tried that supports ASIO does this.

BTW, sometimes I do get the error message you mentioned instead of a lockup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up