INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver still can't detect shows with year in name properly  (Read 2316 times)

marsboer

• Recent member
JRiver still can't detect shows with year in name properly
« on: March 13, 2017, 03:06:55 pm »

I have some TV-shows that have year in the show name to be able to separate them from other shows with the same name. These shows are named after the widely known "best practice" naming that works with other popular media platforms like Kodi and Plex

example:
The Americans (2013) / Season 5 / The Americans (2013) - S05E01 - Amber Waves [1080p].mkv
The Magicians (2015) / Season 2 / The Magicians (2015) - S02E07 - Plan B [1080p].mkv

is detected as the old show "The Americans" or "The Magicians". This is valid for every single one of my shows that needs the year (as used on tvdb) to be separated properly.

I have had this issue for years and I am somewhat surprised that this simple thing is not yet working. It is getting extremely annoying to have to manually set show name for several show each and every week and initiate a metadata refresh for the file in question, especially seeing that my Plex server has no issues.
I am running v22.0.77 on Windows 10 x64.

My shows are in a separate folder from movies etc. in the auto-import settings if that is important.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver still can't detect shows with year in name properly
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 03:10:43 pm »

You just need to perform a lookup manually once and pick the right show, and it'll remember for all future automatic lookup.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

marsboer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 03:13:54 pm »

You just need to perform a lookup manually once and pick the right show, and it'll remember for all future automatic lookup.

I know for sure that this is not correct as I must do this every week when a new episode arrives. Or is this a new feature that was added in the last week?

marsboer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 03:23:04 pm »

If this is not a recent feature, is it possible that JRiver is not able to remember these settings if it only has read only access to the media folders? Perhaps that it has to write a sidecar file etc.?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 10:22:27 pm »

I agree with you. It is broken (but it wasn't always). Read my thread, and perhaps voice some support there:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,108280.0.html
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 03:32:35 am »

I just tried and manually fixing the show mapping still works, and is being properly remembered (in a relational field based on the Series). This takes a minute or so per show thats wrong, so its a quick and easy fix for these troubles, albeit manual.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 03:54:29 am »

I just tried and manually fixing the show mapping still works, and is being properly remembered (in a relational field based on the Series). This takes a minute or so per show thats wrong, so its a quick and easy fix for these troubles, albeit manual.

I'm intrigued by this. Apologies for being dense but what do you mean by a "manual lookup"?
A bit more explanation please.

What's really useful with glynor's explanation here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,108280.msg754080.html#msg754080
is that he goes through a worked example with blow-by-blow detail. It makes it very easy to follow his point.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 03:59:44 am »

Pick a single episode from the show thats wrong, use Get Movie & TV Info, select the correct show from the list, click save.
It'll then remember the TVDB ID in a relational field and use that for future lookups for that particular show.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

marsboer

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 01:49:28 pm »

That is what I have been doing this entire time with seemingly no success. I will see if it works for this week's new episodes.

Or are you talking about future metadata refreshes of existing files and not autoimport of entirely new episodes in the future?

Is it remembered per folder or per show? If it's per folder it would only be remembered for each season (if it works all the time at all))

marsboer

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 11:46:53 am »

Okay. New episode of The Flash today. It did not work.

The Flash (2014) \ Season 3 \ The Flash (2014) - S03E16 - Into the Speed Force [1080p].mkv

What I am doing every week for these shows:

1. Find the mismatched episode and select "Fill properties from filename" to add show name, season and episode automatically after my own specifications.
2. Select Get Movie & TV Info. The correct episode is then normally found.
3. Press "Use this data" and everything is now OK.

The new show name is _not_ remembered the next week, so it's rinse and repeat for every episode for every affected show, unless I am doing a complete season at the same time. Am I doing something wrong?

marsboer

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 12:02:15 pm »

Upon inspection I can see that the TVDBid is populated, so the issue seems to be that jriver is
- unable to reliably correlate the new file with the existing ones with correct tvdbid in the folder
- unable to autodetect it correctly the first time with no help from existing files, something which should be entirely doable

One other thing that may be of concern; each of my episode files is also having a identically named .png file by its side for episode thumbnail purposes. Could it be that it somehow ends up using a thumbnail file with the same naming convention as its reference point for what existing files in the folder looks like instead of the other mkv files as it is named like an episode (i.e The Flash (2014) - S03E16 - Into the Speed Force [1080p].png)?

marsboer

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 12:14:14 pm »

I tried removing png-files and the latest episode from the folder, leaving only the previous mkv-files from earlier episodes correctly detected from earlier fixups, did a rescan, added only the video file again, rescanned, and still it failed detection and was detected as the old "The Flash" show.

The current handling seems broken, just like mentioned above.
Pages: [1]   Go Up