INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: SAT>IP support  (Read 21246 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
NEW: SAT>IP support
« on: March 20, 2017, 12:14:22 pm »

I have just made it work!

In an upcoming new version of MC22 for Windows, playing a manually added SAT>IP channel should work.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,67473.msg760088.html#msg760088

For now, only manually added channels will work.  I am still working on channel scanning.  For devices that provide a channel list in the device description file, we may be able to get the channels from that list.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
Re: NEW: SAT>IP support
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:46:30 am »

Here is a summary of the current status (in an upcoming new build).

Sat>IP channels can be viewed and recorded, just like other types of TV channels that we already support.  Channels can be manually added (requiring users to know import parameters) as well as scanned from a server-provided channel list M3U file.  As far as I understand, the channel list M3U file is an optional feature and thus are not strictly required of all Sat>IP devices/servers.  You can use any of the on-line EPG features supported in MC (mc2xml, PercData, external XMLTV etc.)

My question to all users who are interested in this new feature:

Do your servers/devices all support channel list M3U file?  If not, or if you do not know, can you ask your Sat>IP device maker whether they can add such support?

I am trying to decide whether to try figuring out how to scan for channels in live streams which may require a lot of work.  If m3u channel list file is available, I can skip or postpone the implementation.

tyler69

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 01:46:13 am »

I get an error message after loading the epg data. Please see attached screenshot.

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 12:43:36 pm »

OK. I got a reply from DigitalDevices regarding the channel naming in the m3u. It seems, I can manipulate the m3u and upload it to the OctopusNET in a tool they offer.
What they also said is that with regard to SAT>IP, the channel list should always be fetched by the client. Is that possible with MC?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 12:48:01 pm »

They say that probably because the server m3u is optional.

Currently it is not possible to scan for channels in MC.  If we have to we will find a way to implement it.

tyler69

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 12:52:38 pm »

OK, thanks. FWIW, I use two different SAT>IP tools which work flawlessly and neither uses the OctopusNET's m3u.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 09:42:52 am »

Great day gents,

New user of MC22 here :-)

Made a fresh install of MC onto a i7 NUC running W10.
The MC's library filled itself very smooth and easy.

At this stage i'm a happy user of MC. Used to work with WMC since Vista, then W7 and W8.
It became time to move over to something more complete and flexible.

Since i've got this part up and running i'm investigating how to add DVB-S2 (TV Vlaanderen/Canal Digital) aswell.
I'm particularly interested into the Digital Devices SAT-IP solution :-)
My first research brought me to DVB-Link, which i could install and let run onto my Synology NAS and let my devices as MC collect the TV-streams.

Would the above information be correct and are there some ticks and/or tricks you could share with me please ?

Thanks gents !

Steven.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 05:25:21 pm »

For DVB-S/S2 you can get a DVB-S2 tuner and tune directly without going the route of SAT>IP.

For SAT>IP, currently we are using a method of scanning for channels that depends on the SAT>IP server outputting an m3u channel list file.  If the server does not output such a file, you will have to enter channels by hand.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 10:11:43 am »

Great day Yaobing,

Thanks for your reaction sir,

To come back to your request and open-question for additional 'SAT-IP' featuring:
-i'm playing with a OctoNET SAT-IP set-up as we speak :-)

I can assure you that non-encrypted FTA channels the Digital Devices OctoNET server streams out are 100% compatible with MC22 :-)
Means i can open and 'see' them.
-Only issue are the encrypted/scrambles/Pay TV channels. I've been chatting this afternoon with Jorg, technical service contact at Digital Devices GmbH, btw a very nice and professional person  ;D

-We've set-up a TeamViewer session and he found out that the the string-format used by JRiver MC is slightly off from the one the OctoNET uses:
Near the end of the string the identification of the CI slot is not longer present. And so the requested Pay TV channel will not start  :-\

So in a nutshel, the OctoNET 'broadcasts' the saved (M3U listing) channels and MC22 receives this list when selecting the server perfectly.
Every detail for the offered channels is still present (by opening 'manage channels') except nothing about C.I. slots.
But when selecting a channel in MC and so requesting a stream - the string isn't the same anylonger; the needed CI details are missing in order to get the srambled channel decrypted.

When checking this feature by using VLC, Goodplayer and DD's own DD-TV software - the streams are playing - as the string is kept the same (no changes).

Yaobing shall i provide you a sample string of the OctoNET server, so you can compare ?
I'm guessing that cracking this nut would also be interesting to other users of SAT-IP tuners with CI support.

PS last-but-not-least, for me the scan function at the clients side isn't needed. Knowing the SAT-IP server can provide them itself and so to every client joining the netwerk = easier when having mutiple clients in your network  :)

Cheers,

Steven.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 11:45:39 am »

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the feedback.  We have not being able to support DRM'ed channels in general.  I do not know what is required to support this in SatIP.  If it is just a matter of supplying enough info in the request string, I would definitely try it.  Please do provide a sample string.

Yaobing

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 03:01:12 pm »

Hi Yaobing,
to open
Ha interesting :-)

Here you go, this is the exact string DD's OctoNET SAT-IP server builds and should used to open the stream:

rtsp://@192.xxx.x.xxx/?src=2&freq=12188&pol=h&msys=dvbs2&sr=29900&pids=0,2725,515,35,103,113,515&x_pmt=2725

Please note: the second line, src..., should follow the question mark, but the copy&paste jumps into a second line, so please hook both lines up as one :-)

This is a stream to the Belgian's DVB-S/DVB-S2 provider onto Astra 23.5° (scrambled HD channel).

According to DD's tech the last bit of this string: x_pmt=xxxx is the info onto the CI and so necessary when using PayTV, scrambled channels in SAT-IP.
This seems to be the difference.

Yaobing let's test this feature :-)
If you like a TeamViewer session can be held in order to check things fast.

Thanks man !

Steven.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 03:57:40 pm »

According to DD's tech the last bit of this string: x_pmt=xxxx is the info onto the CI and so necessary when using PayTV, scrambled channels in SAT-IP.

Can you also provide an m3u channel file so I can see how that bit of info is supplied in the file?

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 02:11:11 am »

Hi, yes here you go:

same channel again and the M3U file is attached for your comparisation.
Compressed to Rar file.

rtsp://@192.168.2.110/?src=2&freq=12188&pol=h&msys=dvbs2&sr=29900&pids=0,2725,515,35,103,515&x_pmt=2725

The CI values are Auto CI, so the most common i guess.

Goodluck and please keep me postd if you would need some testing etc :-)

Steven.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 08:15:57 am »

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 05:17:59 pm »

I made some changes for MC23 (not yet available).  Hopefully the changes will take care of scrambled channels with CI.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 02:57:41 am »

Great work Yaobing !
Would you be able to pass me the updated dll or beta file ? Pm if you prefer?
 I would be interested into testing and providing you feedback on this feature. If this works then I don't need to change or return my TV cards 😉.
Appreciated sir and thanks in advance !

Steven.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 06:26:08 am »

It will be available with the first release of MC23 in a few weeks.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 06:46:03 am »

Thanks Jim for your feedback. Any possibility for me pre-test this request ? Just to be sure it's running ? A MC23 subscription has taken care of for my account  :D
Thanks In advance to you both for making this work  8)

Cheers !

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 10:04:27 am »

Great work Yaobing !
Would you be able to pass me the updated dll or beta file ? Pm if you prefer?
 I would be interested into testing and providing you feedback on this feature. If this works then I don't need to change or return my TV cards 😉.
Appreciated sir and thanks in advance !

Steven.

The change is not all in a DLL, and the beta build is not out yet, so it is not possible to test it at this time.

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 04:08:55 pm »

Ok, having read through this I'm not quite sure where things are with sat ip.

I'm thinking of buying a Triax Tss400 sat ip converter - 4 tuner dvb-s2. Am I going to be able to use this with current or future versions of JRiver?

I already run TVHeadend on a Synology NAS but I'd like JRiver to control the sat converter directly if possible. Also have an HDHomerun Prime playing nicely with JRiver.

Thanks

Rob

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 06:46:40 pm »

Currently SatIP support is mostly complete:

1. Scanning for channels relies on the SatIP server outputting an m3u channel list file.  This is an optional feature in Sat>IP specification but many servers do support it. 

2. Once we have scanned the channels, playback and recording work for all non-scrambled channels.

3. I added code for MC23 that should handle scrambled channels, but since MC23 is not public yet, it is not tested.

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 12:16:51 am »

Thanks for the reply.

If the particular hardware doesn't create the m3u file, is there a workaround? Can we expect the development to make the SatIP support complete in the near future?

Thanks for any information and in the meantime I shall try and find if this particular Triax unit does create the channel playlist..

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 07:14:27 am »

Regarding scanning for channels without m3u file, all I can say is eventually I will get to it, but I do not know when.

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2017, 09:29:06 am »

Honest answer!

Thanks a lot, lets hope you find the time soon.....

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 12:53:44 pm »

Hello Guys,

I have installed the newest Version of JRiver.

Have a DVBViewer Backend, my Sat>IP server was driven by the DVBviewer Recording Service and is now replaced by the newer Media Server 2.0. I can generate a channels.m3u and a rtspchannels.m3u, but when I add the channels in JRiver, JRiver crashes.

The auto channel scanning doesn't work either. How does One import the m3u corectly?

Regards Jens

EDIT: Playing the m3u file directly often fails with a crash. I already reinstalled Windows 10, but no fix.

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 01:01:16 pm »

Here is my attachment of the log file from the previous thread.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2017, 02:58:30 pm »

You can not play the m3u file directly.

The file should be advertised by the server so MC will get it automatically when you run MC Setup.

I have thought about adding another option in Setup, aside from "getting channels from server m3u", to allow users to supply an m3u file during setup.  Will that help?

I will look into the crash issue.

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2017, 03:53:37 pm »

Have a DVBViewer Backend, my Sat>IP server was driven by the DVBviewer Recording Service and is now replaced by the newer Media Server 2.0. I can generate a channels.m3u and a rtspchannels.m3u, but when I add the channels in JRiver, JRiver crashes.

EDIT: Playing the m3u file directly often fails with a crash. I already reinstalled Windows 10, but no fix.

Hi Jens

Can you tell us what sat ip server you are using please? I want to buy something but not sure what to go for...

Thanks

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2017, 07:16:56 pm »

the option of the manually chosen m3u file would be very nice. My Sat>ip server is the media server 2.0.2 by DVBViewer. Here is a link, where you can get the information about the features and the changelog. Maybe it's easier for you!

http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/59626-dvbviewer-media-server-2000/

Thank you!

EDIT: There is an api available, there you can generate some things, on top of that, different m3u files. http://en.dvbviewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_web_API

EDIT2: How do you add channels manually? there is no field, where you can enter the (rtsp) link?

Regards
Jens

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2017, 08:13:46 am »

EDIT2: How do you add channels manually? there is no field, where you can enter the (rtsp) link?

You do not need to have the rtsp url.  You only need to provide the DVBS parameters, such as frequency, polarization, PID list (comma-separated numbers) etc.

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2017, 08:41:57 am »

I already tried to add these parameters, but when I try to start the programm, there apperas an error message: No television tuner is available to fullfill your request. Please make sure you have a device that is not in use.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2017, 09:55:20 am »

Yaobing, it's bingo here !

The Digital Devices OctoNET Sat-IP TV server works now since MC23, incl Pay-TV aka scrambled channels :-)
Great news and so the OctoNET is compatible with MC23 :-)

Another thing i've noticed, "radio only" channels as sent over the SAT carrier aren't handled correctly.
The video footage of the previous played channel will freezes.
Audio level is also off.
But anyway i'm guessing within MC there are practical ways of playing audio-only channels :-)
I will search and play a bit with MC23 :-)

All happy !

CHEERS  ;D

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2017, 10:53:16 am »

My Sat>ip server is the media server 2.0.2 by DVBViewer. Here is a link, where you can get the information about the features and the changelog. Maybe it's easier for you!

http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/59626-dvbviewer-media-server-2000/

Regards
Jens

Thank you for that, I was really asking what hardware you are using?

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2017, 11:32:06 am »

Thank you for that, I was really asking what hardware you are using?

I do not exactly get, what you want to know. I use a software based Sat Server driven by a pc with a skystar s2 pci card. (wdm driver).

Regards

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2017, 12:52:12 pm »

I already tried to add these parameters, but when I try to start the programm, there apperas an error message: No television tuner is available to fullfill your request. Please make sure you have a device that is not in use.

The first thing you need to do is to make sure Media Network feature is turned on in MC.  What is discussed in this thread, about CableCARD devices also apply to Sat>IP devices (except CableCARD pairing).  After turning on Media Network feature, and restart MC, you need to wait for a while, from a few seconds to 30 seconds.  Sometimes the wait needs to be longer.

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2017, 01:18:40 pm »

Thank You very much for your replay, I did do this already. The problem is, that the picture stays black, there is no signal. I already verified, that I have entered KHZ and not MHZ, but still a black picture.... All day long I try to get e picture.... :(

EDIT: Now there is a message "Waiting for sognal lock" (It's a free channel)

Regards Jens

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2017, 03:08:28 pm »

I do not exactly get, what you want to know. I use a software based Sat Server driven by a pc with a skystar s2 pci card. (wdm driver).

Regards

Thats what I was after, the Skystar pci card. Thanks. I was wondering if you used external hardware such as the 4 tuner servers offered by Triax and Megasat. I cant use pci as I'm using an Intel NUC computer.

I too am having issues with tv picture in v23 using an HDHomerun DVB T2 set up. I can get a picture sometime and others not. Might be similar to your issue.

Good  luck.

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2017, 03:48:38 pm »

Could be possible. I hope we will find a soultion. I have the current log file with the manually added channel in the attachment. So I started the TV programm, black screen.... I do not have much experience with log files but if you open the "generated?" rtsp link in the log file manually with "file open", it does work for a couple of seconds. After that the stream stopps.

:'( ::) ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 10:00:07 am »

Could be possible. I hope we will find a soultion. I have the current log file with the manually added channel in the attachment. So I started the TV programm, black screen.... I do not have much experience with log files but if you open the "generated?" rtsp link in the log file manually with "file open", it does work for a couple of seconds. After that the stream stopps.

:'( ::) ?

Is this PID list complete:

pids=400,401,402,404,0

Does the list include a video PID and an audio PID?

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 12:00:48 pm »

Thank you for your reply, yes it does, you can see in the attachment. The 401 seems to be the video pid, the 402 the audio pid. I asked my Sat>IP Provider about the serverprovided m3u list: http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/60016-mediaserver-m3u-serverseitig-mitliefern
As I think not everyone doesunderstand german, I will translate my question  :) : I asked them about the option to deliver the m3u stream. They said, that the rtsp m3u file is delivered by the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/description.xml. There are some lines with information: <satip:X_SATIPCAP xmlns:satip="urn:ses-com:satip">DVBS2-1,DVBT-0,DVBT2-0,DVBC-0</satip:X_SATIPCAP>
<satip:X_SATIPM3U xmlns:satip="urn:ses-com:satip">/rtspchannels.m3u</satip:X_SATIPM3U>. I have attached the xml for further information. Maybe it does help.
After that they said, the sat>ip clients should find the url to the description.xml in the upnp discovery answer, when clients find the server.

Regards
Jens

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2017, 02:31:25 pm »

rtsp m3u file is delivered by the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/description.xml. There are some lines with information: <satip:X_SATIPCAP xmlns:satip="urn:ses-com:satip">DVBS2-1,DVBT-0,DVBT2-0,DVBC-0</satip:X_SATIPCAP>
<satip:X_SATIPM3U xmlns:satip="urn:ses-com:satip">/rtspchannels.m3u</satip:X_SATIPM3U>.

Yes, that should be enough information for MC to work with.  We should pick up the file name from the description.xml and use it to populate channels.  You should just run Setup, and choose appropriate options for SatIP channel scan.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 02:33:22 pm »

Also, MC23.0.7 does not work well with TV playback on first try.  That could be the trouble.  I have not been able to figure out exactly what was going on,  but a re-installation of MC23 might solve it.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2017, 12:57:34 pm »

Hi all,

Q: Any users of Sat-IP and MC23 which also misses the EPG - Program Guide ?
I've upgraded to MC23 due the further implementation of Sat-IP tuners; scrambled channels correctly played since MC23.
But due some reason it seems the Guide isn't showed anylonger ?

Thanks gents for checking - or passing the 'golden hint' to get the full EPG back showing up.

FYI, yes i can configure and run successfully the EPG (Mc2XML) from within Standard View, but further i can't get the fullsize Guide from within Theater View since MC23/adding my Sat-IP set-up ?

Thanks !

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2017, 02:24:52 pm »

Hello,

Today I have uninstalled MC23 and installed MC22 again. But unfortunately, it doesnt work. I have the same problem: "Waiting for singal lock..."; After that again "no signal". I tried also both drivers of my sat card, BDA and WDM driver( Shouldn't make a difference, because the server works with both). When I use the sat card directly in MC, the card is only recognized, if it is installed with the BDA driver.... But I think this is not an important information,

I really dont know what I should do :( I saw, that MC 23.08 was released, so I'll test this out.

Greetings

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 05:20:44 am »

Unfortunately, also with the newest .08 Version, no picture... :(

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2017, 06:34:01 am »

Unfortunately, also with the newest .08 Version, no picture... :(

Are you getting the audio from any of the tv channels?

TimoBeil95

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 07:04:58 am »

Are you getting the audio from any of the tv channels?
No audio, no picture... :(

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 09:38:28 am »

Hi Yaobing, any toughts about the non-showed EPG / TV Guide ?
I'm guessing it must be sat>ip related issue, as nobody else onto forum is rapporting such.

Fyi, i can see the (correct) EPG data from within Standard View, but not the complete lay-out'ed TV Guide as we normally get in Theater View.

Thanks for your hint or work-around :-)

Steven.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 10:20:56 am »

Hi Yaobing, any toughts about the non-showed EPG / TV Guide ?

Initially I thought you have no EPG data at all, but you are saying you do have EPG in standard view, just no in Theater view.  This is strange.

Are you viewing the Guide or the Favorite in Theater view?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 10:30:26 am »

Jens,

Have you been able to scan for channels in MC?

Run TV Options... > General >  Setup, select appropriate choices, including "Get channels from server provided list" from "Modulation System:" combobox.

Your previous log shows that you were trying to use the m3u file directly.  That was not the way to go.  You need to run Television Setup.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up