INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add more columns to "manage channels"  (Read 1890 times)

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Add more columns to "manage channels"
« on: March 31, 2017, 04:32:28 am »

Would it be possible to add more colums to the windows which contains the channels? Or make it customizable with regard to what the user wants to have columns for? This would make working on the channels much easier as one wouldn't have to go through every channel in order to make specific changes but could see/edit all relevant things in one window.

siggivalur

Re: Add more columns to "manage channels"
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 11:22:56 am »

- Oops  I misunderstood the topic.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 01:21:49 pm »

The first column is actually channel name, so there is no need for another column for it.  It is a good idea to add channel number too.  What you ask, more importantly perhaps, is to make some cells in-place-editable.  That is a good idea too.  I will add these to my to-do list.  It may be a while before I will be able to get to this though.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 01:55:36 am »

While the first column is the channel name, I can't edit it and have to click any single channel in order to get the editable field on the right. So it would be nice if the channel name in the first column would be editable. Also a channel number column would be nice (with thw points below taken into account)
Also:
1. It would be nice when the left window (the one with the columns) would not go back to its initial state (go to top, reset columns width) when one edits anything. The way it is now, one needs to scroll and resize the columns for every edit.
2. Clicking on the column header should sort the values below (e.g. clicking on "Favorite" should order the fields below by "X")
3. Windows has a nifty functionality: when you double click on a border of a window (where the cursor changes and indicates that it can be resized), the window gets maximized in that particular direction. Could this be implemented?

tyler69

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 12:50:20 pm »

I see that point 2 of my previous post has been implemented, thanks! Is there any news to the other points? Also (4th suggestion): make the "left side" editable, so that would speed up the editing. The channel setup is a PITA like it is now in my opinion.
5. it should be possible to drag and drop (and cut/paste) the channels on the left side.
6. when playing a channel, it would be nice to have the channel list (or favorites) on right click in the video (being able to group them by TV and Radio would be the cherry on top).
7. possibility to manipulate channel numbers (swap channel numbers when highlighting two channels for example) is also a nice feature to have.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 02:04:16 pm »

I made an attempt to address your point 1:

4. Changed: On Manage TV Channels window, the television channels list window will not reset to Custom sorting each time some operation (such as grouping, adding or deleting channels) is performed.

I may well have missed some usage cases that you refer to.  If so please let me know and give me some details.

In-place editing of channel names is on my list.  I will also add your other items to the list too.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

tyler69

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 02:07:09 pm »

Thanks! When I delete a channel, the list automatically scrolls to the top afterwards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up