INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to Apple TV  (Read 3536 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Moving to Apple TV
« on: April 12, 2017, 06:03:34 am »

I'd like to move a part of my music library from JRiver MC 22 to iTunes, to make use of my library on Apple TV. The artist, album, title (and a few other) tags are OK, but there is still quite a lot of info I'd like to take with me to the iTunes library. (Playlists are rather easy to handle, but ratings seems impossible.)
Anyone who have gone through this process before and have some helpful hints?

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Re: Moving to Airplay
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 07:45:42 am »

Sorry for using a misleading title in my post. What I want, is to have access through AppleTV 4, not Airplay (which is what I wrote). And for that, I would need iTunes. When I have my iPad available, JRemote is also doing a good job, after it was updated last autumn.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: Moving to Airplay
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 10:57:03 am »

Don't say sorry, edit your post title please. 

I wouldn't expect a tonne of help to move away from MC, but this forum is pretty great so you never know.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Re: Moving to iTunes (for using Apple TV)
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 01:00:01 pm »

(Thanks. Didn't know that was possible. And i agree, this forum is great. It has been very patient with me for years now. :) )

Bertje

• Recent member
Re: Moving to Apple TV
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 10:24:33 am »

Why don't you use the best of both worlds and sync MC to iTunes with this tool: https://github.com/prod1/mcis

You'll have all the important data synced including ratings but you can still use the more powerful features of MC when necessary.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 11:33:12 am »

Must be because I'd never heard of it until now. A bit unsure about what is meant by "syncing". Does this mean I should start with importing all my files from MC, then run this program and it will do the tagging, or does this program also take care of the import (didn't find much info on their page)?
Also, once imported/run, will it automatically sync any later work from MC?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 07:18:15 pm »

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up