INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Won't Load  (Read 3124 times)

John Oster

• Recent member
Cover Art Won't Load
« on: April 13, 2017, 06:30:01 pm »

I recently downloaded some hi-res files that included the covert art jpeg. It didn't automatically load, so I clicked on the file, clicked on Cover Art, selected "Load from File", selected the image, but it never loaded. I tried it several times, even rebooted, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
MacBook Pro>MC26>McIntosh MA9000>DALI Epicon2/SVS Ultra 13

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art Won't Load
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 09:16:19 pm »

Are you doing that on the MC server, or a Client?

There have been quite a few threads about this sort of issue. Search should find some, and they should list possible causes.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 09:50:52 pm »

It's the Media Center 22 software installed on my laptop.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 06:19:23 am »

If the jpeg is a separate file, using load from file would just play it as an image.  Edit the tag and click on the cover art to set it.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 10:51:36 am »

I recently downloaded some hi-res files that included the covert art jpeg. It didn't automatically load, so I clicked on the file, clicked on Cover Art, selected "Load from File", selected the image, but it never loaded. I tried it several times, even rebooted, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

I had a similar experience with a hi-res album purchased from 7digital.  I was trying to replace the cover art with a higher-resolution version of the same image, but it would never "stick".

I eventually had MC remove the existing cover art from all the files.  After that, "Load from File" finally worked.

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 11:58:10 am »

If the jpeg is a separate file, using load from file would just play it as an image.  Edit the tag and click on the cover art to set it.
I'm not sure what you mean by "edit the tag." In what way do I edit it? I've used the same process as I did this time for all of my other files and it works just fine.

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 05:21:23 pm »

Are you doing that on the MC server, or a Client?

There have been quite a few threads about this sort of issue. Search should find some, and they should list possible causes.

I searched for both "cover art" and "cover image"--the only threads that came up were from my post!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 05:33:09 pm »

Try using the advanced search or go to the top of the board before you search.

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 05:43:39 pm »

Try what another poster suggested:  Remove the existing cover art first:

Highlight your files > right click > Cover art > Remove cover art

Then try adding the cover art from your file:

Highlight your files > right click > cover art > Add from file

You might need to refresh your view, or restart MC after to see the cover art as album thumbnails, but usually it shows up in just a few seconds.

Good luck.

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 06:28:17 pm »

In addition to this:

Try using the advanced search or go to the top of the board before you search.

and other advice, sometimes it is better to use a Google Advanced Search of the forum site to find what you are looking for. Google Advanced Search has more features to help narrow the results.

For example, try this;
https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&as_q=%22+load+%22&as_epq=Cover+Art&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=yabb.jriver.com&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=#spf=1
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 08:26:34 pm »

Try what another poster suggested:  Remove the existing cover art first:

Highlight your files > right click > Cover art > Remove cover art

Then try adding the cover art from your file:

Highlight your files > right click > cover art > Add from file

You might need to refresh your view, or restart MC after to see the cover art as album thumbnails, but usually it shows up in just a few seconds.

Good luck.

Brian.

Didn't work.

patented_licks

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 04:16:12 am »

I'm having the same problem (cover art not loading). It is a bug in the program, and recent. Never used to happen like it is happening now (I've used MC since version 19).
Pages: [1]   Go Up