INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote and displaying classical music tags  (Read 1453 times)

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
JRemote and displaying classical music tags
« on: April 16, 2017, 08:05:48 am »

Has any consideration been given to enabling JRemote to show, in its Now Playing list or even when showing files, the tags related more to classical music (composer, conductor, orchestra, soloists)?

I'm perfectly content with the (file) navigation capability that JRemote has, so I'm really speaking more of just which tags get displayed.

I was recently playing with MC's editable display text (in the top summary window) and really like how the use of expressions enables me to display exactly the information I want (for either pop music or classical music) without jumping through the hoop of changing how the classical pieces have been tagged.  Some amount of similar flexibility or customization on the JRemote-side would be great!

Thanks!
  Matt

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote and displaying classical music tags
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 02:14:08 pm »

Has any consideration been given to enabling JRemote to show ... the tags related more to classical music (composer, conductor, orchestra, soloists)?

Bump.

I thought this topic had come up previously.  Have others just elected to make-do with other tag tricks (such as placing Composer into Artist)?

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 02:49:02 am »

It's been requested in the past, but ignored.

No doubt there aren't enough interested users for the demand to be significant and there are much more interesting features to add.

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 08:50:46 am »

The display shows the Artist tag, you could put more info into that tag. It may louse up more than it mends

Maybe if it wasn't changed to show Album Artist tag that may help or Album Artist Auto

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up