INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Font Size on JRiver  (Read 4450 times)

jhermosillo

• Recent member
Font Size on JRiver
« on: July 25, 2017, 10:08:51 pm »

Hello Support, I am experiencing an annoying situation with the font size, Every time I open JRiver 23 the font size goes from 5 to 20 size. This is getting me crazy, is there a way to force JRiver to use always the same font size!

Thanks and will be looking for your comments.

Jherm

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Font Size on JRiver
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:09:45 am »

MC doesn't change the font size on its own. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 05:32:31 pm »

The font size changes where? Windows, MC, both?
In MC Theatre View, Standard View?

Look under View > Size in the menu, top left corner of MC. Set to 100%, or?
Search Tools > Options for "font". Check and fix any problem.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 07:45:34 pm »

jhermosillo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 09:20:24 pm »

Font Size change in MC in Standar view, Today again I opened MC and the font size in the MC is Huge like size 20, this is really driving me crazy.

Thanks for your replies.

Jherm

jhermosillo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 09:25:59 pm »

Also, in nothing related to the Size in view from Menu, is is the font size as I mentioned couple of minutes ago, I opened MC today  and Font size was set to 20, this is just ridiculous. I always use the font size as 10, and it keeps changing it all the time, and I need to disagree with JimH, MC is changing its font size by itself, this may be a bug or something, I uninstalled it and reinstalled several times and same behavior.

Thanks

Jherm

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 07:19:31 am »

Not a bug.  Something else is going on.  Look at any other display related software running.

Could be some other silly cause like a registry cleaner or ...  It's not MC.

jhermosillo

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 08:38:52 pm »

Not a bug.  Something else is going on.  Look at any other display related software running.

Could be some other silly cause like a registry cleaner or ...  It's not MC.

Hi Jim. I do not have any registry cleaner kind of software used in this Laptop, All the other software I use behaves normally, just FYI is a Windows 10 Laptop with 4K diplay. this is annoying but an easy fix, just goign to Options and select the proper size again, But I hope this may be fixed sometime. Not a deal breaker at all. BTW this change in size only occurs when connected to an external Display, either a 2K or a 4K diplay.

Jherm

B4Unyu

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 09:11:24 pm »

could try changing windows high dpi scaling behavior for MC, see if it does anything...
in MC's install directory, bring up the properties on the .exe file and choose to override the behavior, it's under the compatibility tab.

jhermosillo

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 06:24:58 pm »

could try changing windows high dpi scaling behavior for MC, see if it does anything...
in MC's install directory, bring up the properties on the .exe file and choose to override the behavior, it's under the compatibility tab.

Thanks I will try that of course, and come back with results.

Jherm

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 05:30:23 am »

Hi Jim

I have exactly the same problem. My WIN10 64 PC is connected to an Onkyo TX-NR838 which itself is connected to a 4K TV.
MC 21 is started from the autostart folder.

The font size in Options - Tree & View - Select font  changes itself on restart !!!
It seems to be a problem with the desktop scaling factor which is 200% in my setting.
Is this fixed in newer versions ?

Br
Rolf

RD James

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 06:42:41 am »

I seem to remember there being a bug with JRiver's handling of DPI scaling where you need to set your desired font size multiplied by the DPI scale and then restart the program.
So if you want 18pt at 200% you would set 36pt and restart JRiver.

EDIT: I just realized this was a response to the topic linked from here. (18pt text)
Still, Media Center is doing something weird with the font scaling, so if the issue is that it's being scaled up, try dividing your desired font size by your DPI scale.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 07:00:52 am »

Rolf,
Check the Old Versions topic on our wiki and make sure you have the most recent build of MC21 installed.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 04:09:58 pm »

MC 21 is started from the autostart folder.
I hope you mean MC is started via the MC "Options > Startup > Windows Startup" settings, rather than putting a link in the "C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" directory. Because you should use the MC settings for that.

Is this fixed in newer versions ?
There were a lot of changes and fixes for high DPI and high-resolution displays throughout MC20 and MC21, then a few more in MC22 and MC23. Have a search through the Release Note Summaries and you will find them. Just search for DPI in the summaries. Use Chrome and it will show you how many matches there are down the right side in the slider bar.

Basically it looks like most of the fixes were done by the last version of MC21, so ensuring you have that as Jim says would be a good idea.

An upgrade and conversion to the 64bit version wouldn't hurt though!  ;D (As long as you aren't dependent on any third party 32bit plugins.)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up