INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto tag recordings based on channel?  (Read 1629 times)

t42

• Recent member
Auto tag recordings based on channel?
« on: April 25, 2017, 04:56:10 pm »

Hi,
I'd like to tag any recordings made on a certain channel(s), e.g. so that anything recorded on kids TV channels are automatically added to a 'Kids TV' library view (filtered by a tag rule). Is this possible?
I'm also open to alternative methods of achieving this!
Thanks in advance.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto tag recordings based on channel?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 07:44:19 pm »

Yes. Easy in principle, but it depends on how you have built your "Kids TV" view a bit.

Basically, on the last page of the TV Subscription Rule dialogues, you can have MC add any tags you want, based on your rules. Select "Custom" to write values to any tags, for any expression you want.

As you are basing your rule on the channel a recording is made of, you will probably need to use the [Artist] tag to decide what to do. I believe [Artist] is always the channel a program was recorded on, while "Channels" includes all channels in the rule. Hence, [Artist] is the right one to use. You will need to confirm this.

If you are using [Genre] to define what is Kids TV, and hence can appear on the Kids TV View, then [Genre] is the tag to write to.

Without attempting to write the Expression for you, if your Kids TV channels are say 2, 22, 23, 34, then the expression in English would be;

If the [Artist] is 2 or 22 or 23 or 34, then set the [Genre] to "Kids TV".

See how far you get with that, and come back with more information about the View and tag you use for Kids TV.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

t42

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 04:19:04 am »

Thanks for the reply.
I looked at the [Channels] tag but assume this is the number of audio channels as it is 2 for all the shows I've recorded so far.
The [Artist] tag is exactly what I needed! I can use this directly to build my view simply by adding the rule [Artist] [is any] [<channels>] (no need to add anything to the TV Subscription Rules).
Thanks again!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 04:34:37 pm »

I looked at the [Channels] tag but assume this is the number of audio channels as it is 2 for all the shows I've recorded so far.

Oops. You would be right there. Number of audio channels, not the rule channels.

Glad that helped.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up