Windows > Television

MC TV Feature Requests

(1/15) > >>

tzr916:
With MC32 online.... these are what's on my wish list:

- ATSC3 Encryption License (without DRM/copy protection).
- Proper DMS Server-Client functionality.
- Bitstream audio for DMS Live tv.

DONE- Slow Motion using IR Remote + disable DSP pop-up.
DONE- ATSC3 with AC-4 Audio support (non-drm broadcasts).
DONE- Dedicated Theater view page showing live view of what each/all the tuners are currently doing. Simple options could be = Idle, or Live Tv (channel + Server/Client), or Recording (channel + program name + duration).
DONE- Clients be able to see the Server's Tv logs and tuner status.
DONE- NEW episode badge in Theater View GUIDE.
DONE- Ability to toggle on/off automatic commercial skipping with remote while playing. In other words allow manual control of commercial skipping.
DONE- After finished watching a recorded show in Theater View (at the end of a show or when pressing stop), immediately show dialog box to Delete or Cancel (do not delete). Instead of having to navigate 6-8 button presses to Delete.
DONE- Watching Comcast music channels on Clients is horribly painful / impossible (select channel, wait 30 seconds for "buffering", press pause, wait 20 seconds, press play, pray that it works without hanging/crashing).
DONE- Option to automatically clear MC Logs on a configurable schedule. Resets based on file size.
DONE- Easier way to assign Tv Channel Logos.
DONE- The TBR list should at least highlight shows that WILL have tuner conflicts like late starts, or no tuner available at all, etc.

NA- Add a "button" in Theater View to restart MC (not restart PC). Done manually by assigning new button to MC Command Line option "MC25.exe /restart". Thanks RoderickGI
NA- Add a "button" in Theater View to perform Run Auto Import Now. Done manually by assigning new button to MC Command Line option for "MC25.exe /MCC 23020".

NITL:
- Enable MC to see/recognize ALL infrared signals coming into the PC for MC remote control LEARNING purposes, not just the handful of IR signals it currently allows.
- Easy Android App to view/edit recording schedule list.
- Fully functional MC Android App / Tv Client with Theater View UI.

EDIT for MC32 and reordered with most important at top.

greynolds:

--- Quote from: tzr916 on April 25, 2017, 09:31:43 pm ---- Easy Android App to view/edit recording schedule list.
- Fully functional MC Android App / Tv Client with Theater View.

--- End quote ---
Let's not forget iOS folks...  Seems to me these functions could be additions to JRemote.

astromo:
Give me F6 functionality from the TV GUI please...  ;D

Asked for before and will ask here again.

It would make life a lot more straightforward if I could move and copy TV files without having to get out of TV and head over to Video.

imugli:

--- Quote from: tzr916 on April 25, 2017, 09:31:43 pm ---- Tv Guide selection does not stay pinned to left edge when scrolling up/down. Suddenly jumps way to the right, off the screen, then have to find it and get it back to the left.

--- End quote ---
+1. This is so annoying.

--- Quote ---- After finished watching a recorded show in Theater View (at the end of a show or when pressing stop), immediately show dialog box to Delete or Cancel (do not delete). Instead of having to navigate 6-8 button presses to Delete.
--- End quote ---
+1. This would be nice to have.

--- Quote ---- Easy Android App to view/edit recording schedule list.
--- End quote ---

This. A way to remotely view the guide and schedule recordings, via app or webgizmo. I've been asking for this for years now.

--- Quote ---- Fully functional MC Android App / Tv Client with Theater View.

--- End quote ---
Theater View I'm not sure about, but I'm on board for being able to watch TV through Gizmo.

About the only other things I'd like to see (besides TV on Mac / Linux which *I know* isn't coming anytime soon) are Picture in Picture, and multiplexing of channels, so if i'm watching a channel, and recording another on the same stream, it only uses one tuner.

amcneish:
I would love a few features in MC23
1) When the TV is recording that the Icon in the system tray (Lower right corner) would turn red
2) The scheduled recordings would highlight recording conflicts (IE when recording requests outnumber available tuners) (On the page "to be recorded)
3) For windows it would be great if MC23 server would run as a service and start with system startup... 

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version